GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Food Chain Magnate» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another collecting drinks question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I thought the rules were well written and clear, except for the part about collecting drinks, which could have done with some examples.

I understand U-turns are never allowed and the only way you can go back on the same road is if the tile with house 5 is in the game.

But, for the range... Do you need to get there and back? i.e. Can I leave the restaurant, head down the road, picking up drinks along the way, and then arrive at a dead end? And that is ok? I then "teleport" back to the restaurant?

If this isn't allowed then on our map setups, we had a lot of drinks which could never be picked up by using the roads.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You just need to pick up the drinks with your allowed movement points. The movement to bring the drinks home is free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you exit the restaurant, and then drive (up to) the full range. No magic teleports in between .
But you don't have to end up back at one of your restaurants - simply pick up the drinks that you pass by.

Yes, there can well be some drinks on the map that cannot be picked up in a game. But an errand boy can always get any type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep thanks. So you leave the restaurant and move up to the range. You end your movement away from the restaurant and the drinks then "teleport" home. That's all cool. I was assuming initially that you had to make a round trip and get back to base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your question has made me think. (Ive only played a couple of a couple of turns on my own to start to get to grips with it)

You question is worded in such a way that you are taking the food back to the restaurant. I have just been putting it in my "supply" in front of me.

Does food have to go to the designated restaurant linked to range, assuming I have more than one? (Admittedly in my sample turns I've only had one restaurant). Does it even matter?

Thanks and sorry if it's a stupid question!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Norbert666 wrote:
Your question has made me think. (Ive only played a couple of a couple of turns on my own to start to get to grips with it)

You question is worded in such a way that you are taking the food back to the restaurant. I have just been putting it in my "supply" in front of me.

Does food have to go to the designated restaurant linked to range, assuming I have more than one? (Admittedly in my sample turns I've only had one restaurant). Does it even matter?

Thanks and sorry if it's a stupid question!

Restaurants don't have their own reserves, there's only the company reserve as a whole.

Everything you collect in a turn (drinks/food) goes in that company reserve and can be used during Dinnertime in any restaurant as needed. Same goes for drinks/food stored in the Freezer if you have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.