GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,928 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Any response on missing items? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
short legs
msg tools
Hi all, I have some missing figures from my wave 1 shipment, and I've emailed support@kingdomdeath.zendesk.com. However it has been 10 days since and I have yet to receive any reply.

I know the guys are probably busy as heck packing and shipping out the items, but I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten a reply from them, and how long did it take for them to reply. Would make me feel a little better if I know they will eventually respond..

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Its going on a month for some damaged components for me...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Y'all might want to temper expectations till next year. Keep emailing/complaining so they don't forget you, but until wave 3 ships, I'd guess they won't have much time for anything beyond fulfilling KS stuff and keeping the store running.

How bad is the damage? If it's mini stuff, it might be an easy fix.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
Y'all might want to temper expectations till next year. Keep emailing/complaining so they don't forget you, but until wave 3 ships, I'd guess they won't have much time for anything beyond fulfilling KS stuff and keeping the store running.

How bad is the damage? If it's mini stuff, it might be an easy fix.


Damaged cards, board, & book.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:

How bad is the damage? If it's mini stuff, it might be an easy fix.


Missing antelope sprue. cry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Double bummer. Hopefully it's playable, if not perfect.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Alexander
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I've had responses, but I'm not expecting dramatically quick turn around, because they haven't finished shipping to all the backers yet.

Why should I have priority to replace a couple of items, when some people have yet to receive their product at all?

I'll proxy until then
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiku wrote:
I've had responses, but I'm not expecting dramatically quick turn around, because they haven't finished shipping to all the backers yet.

Why should I have priority to replace a couple of items, when some people have yet to receive their product at all?

I'll proxy until then


I actually don't have a huge problem with waiting. I just want confirmation that the issue will be resolved.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom De Bruycker
Belgium
Antwerpen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah same problem here, missing a few items on the sprues and got a damaged book. Futhermore a few missing items in wave 1.
Waiting now 3 weeks for a response.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talisman Rulz
msg tools

As a prospective purchaser, this thread worries me.

Usually a company will want to get in front of bad publicity like this.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TalismanRulz wrote:

As a prospective purchaser, this thread worries me.

Usually a company will want to get in front of bad publicity like this.



I wouldn't worry about it just yet. They are knee-deep in KS fulfillment and now pre-orders.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
They are pretty hit and miss on replying so far. I've got a reply within an hour or writing and my reply to their response has been sitting unread for about a month.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
short legs
msg tools
Can I just check, is everyone using the same email address support@kingdomdeath.zendesk.com.? Or is there another email address through which I can try to reach them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo K
Germany
flag msg tools
I got my reply 3 days after I opened a ticket (my T-shirt was missing), yes they are quite busy with the fulfillment:

"Sorry for the trouble. Things are super slammed at KDHQ right now but we will send a shirt as soon as we can"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Blake
United States
Benicia
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am DISGUSTED with KD customer "service"! I am missing key elements from the core game that make it unplayable (Settlement/Hunt Board, Monster Control board, and both sheets of tokens). I did get a response on Sep 21 to my first ticket at support@kingdomdeath.zendesk.com that they were shipping replacements out. Since then I've heard nor received nothing. They closed my first ticket so I opened a second and that one has been waiting 11 days for someone to be assigned. I don't care how busy they are - over 1 month to receive replacements to missing items that prevent the game from being played is completely unacceptable. Unfortunately this is completely killing my enthusiasm for playing what appears to be a very interesting design. I backed all the expansions also and at this point might just sell the whole damn thing off. What a pity. Will never spend another dime with KD.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talisman Rulz
msg tools
blaketag wrote:
I am DISGUSTED with KD customer "service"! I am missing key elements from the core game that make it unplayable (Settlement/Hunt Board, Monster Control board, and both sheets of tokens). I did get a response on Sep 21 to my first ticket at support@kingdomdeath.zendesk.com that they were shipping replacements out. Since then I've heard nor received nothing. They closed my first ticket so I opened a second and that one has been waiting 11 days for someone to be assigned. I don't care how busy they are - over 1 month to receive replacements to missing items that prevent the game from being played is completely unacceptable. Unfortunately this is completely killing my enthusiasm for playing what appears to be a very interesting design. I backed all the expansions also and at this point might just sell the whole damn thing off. What a pity. Will never spend another dime with KD.


It seems like they have their priorities wrong - that they are neglecting customer service.

If just one of their people spent an hour or two a day answering customer emails, they could turn this around.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the volume of tickets. They probably are coming in faster than 1 person full time can respond to them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest emailing Adam directly if you're having problems.

http://kingdomdeath.com/contact.html


TalismanRulz wrote:
If just one of their people spent an hour or two a day answering customer emails, they could turn this around.


Are you suggesting nobody is looking at customer emails? I've personally gotten responses back fairly quickly.

When you're running a small company trying to ship out a LOT of stuff, you need to prioritize things. People are complaining all over the place about not getting their pre-orders yet, and even some of the kickstarter backers haven't gotten theirs yet.

For each person he sends over to respond to customer emails, that means less time actually shipping out products.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talisman Rulz
msg tools
draxx01 wrote:
Depends on the volume of tickets. They probably are coming in faster than 1 person full time can respond to them.


If the volume of tickets coming in are that high then they have quality control issues.

But my point was more that they should probably strike a better balance between shipping orders and customer service, that's all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly, it doesn't mitigate the likely inordinate number of questions on random features and product queries or shipping queries by potential customers. I've never used Zen's UI on the receiving end, but people constantly mistag things in any ticketing system and it adds to processing overhead.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
Avatar
mbmbmb
Entice wrote:
I would suggest emailing Adam directly if you're having problems.

http://kingdomdeath.com/contact.html


TalismanRulz wrote:
If just one of their people spent an hour or two a day answering customer emails, they could turn this around.


Are you suggesting nobody is looking at customer emails? I've personally gotten responses back fairly quickly.

When you're running a small company trying to ship out a LOT of stuff, you need to prioritize things. People are complaining all over the place about not getting their pre-orders yet, and even some of the kickstarter backers haven't gotten theirs yet.

For each person he sends over to respond to customer emails, that means less time actually shipping out products.

You always should assume the worst of people, everyone is always out to screw you and there should be no considerations for their manpower, available resources (such as having one facility for distribution of the base game, and another for Wave 1 components), or any other factors.

Hell, they shouldn't even be allowed to sleep.

Always let passion take over being rational.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talisman Rulz
msg tools
Symmetrical Docking wrote:
Entice wrote:
I would suggest emailing Adam directly if you're having problems.

http://kingdomdeath.com/contact.html


TalismanRulz wrote:
If just one of their people spent an hour or two a day answering customer emails, they could turn this around.


Are you suggesting nobody is looking at customer emails? I've personally gotten responses back fairly quickly.

When you're running a small company trying to ship out a LOT of stuff, you need to prioritize things. People are complaining all over the place about not getting their pre-orders yet, and even some of the kickstarter backers haven't gotten theirs yet.

For each person he sends over to respond to customer emails, that means less time actually shipping out products.

You always should assume the worst of people, everyone is always out to screw you and there should be no considerations for their manpower, available resources (such as having one facility for distribution of the base game, and another for Wave 1 components), or any other factors.

Hell, they shouldn't even be allowed to sleep.

Always let passion take over being rational.


You do a great job at personifying that phrase "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
Avatar
mbmbmb
TalismanRulz lamely wrote:
You're stupid.

You forgot to finish the quote.
Someone actually clever wrote:
"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence."

I get where you're coming from, but we should all learn to have empathy for other human beings, normal people do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
I'm in a customer service field and I can tell you.
At the end of the day, manpower, software, product, systems etc... that's not our clients problem. It's the cold reality. It really is not. We provide product/service and we accept monetary compensation for doing it well.

I'm the person where the buck stops basically and I rarely give excuses. I just look for ways to make the customer not just content, but just as happy as they were before issue arose.

Granted he doesn't need to assume everyone is out to get him. Though he sure as hell doesn't need to assume excuses and reasons either.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kowal
United States
Roselle
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Adam directly regarding a missing hand for one of the starter survivors, and he got back to me in the same day. I would try that route.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.