7 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ritual of Annihilation Track for 2 Player? There is none? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exupery Ether
msg tools
mb
I've bought this game in order to play it together with my wife. There is no third person and I doubt there be one for some years ahead (our kid is only 7 years old).

So here I am trying to learn the game, in order to play it with 2 persons.

Reading the rulebook it seems there is no Ritual of Annihilation Track for 2 persons. Only for 3,4 and 5. But then again there are a few rules inside the book for 2 persons.

So whatever happens with the Ritual of Annihilation Track for 2 players game?

Can we just ignore the whole RoAt?

And play only with the Doom Track?

I don't mind ignoring some parts of the game as long as we can still play the game.

Thanks to all for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The current 2 Player rules have each faction controlling 2 factions. As such, you set up the board for 4 factions, including use of the 4 faction Ritual Track.

For the Second Onslaught, Sandy and Co have said they are working on 2 Player rules where each player controls 1 faction. No details have been revealed, however, including whether or not a different Ritual Track will be included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exupery Ether
msg tools
mb
Thank you, Adam.

In order to learn and understand the game and its basics we are not going to play 2 Factions each. Way too complicated for a beginner game. We will choose 1 Faction versus 1 Faction.

In this case we will forget about the Ritual of Annihilation Track and will focus on the Doom Track alone.

As I was saying, I don't mind bending or omitting important rules as long as we can get a FEEL of the game. That's the most important thing to me now, not to follow the rules religiously (which you cant in a 2 Player game anyway) but to put the game on the table and have a shot at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are always twice as many ritual spaces as there all players, such that the game will end if every player does two rituals. So for your game, what I would recommend doing is using the 3 Player Track, and picking 2 spaces to skip over (maybe skipping 6 and 9 so that it's 5 7 8 10, or 5 and 10 so that it's 6 7 8 9 (with Instant Death being on 9)).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Saricov
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My daughter is playing the game, and she was 6 when learning and playing it. I encourage you to try and teach it to your kid, they are smarter than we give them credit for.

if you want to make a custom ritual track for 2 players, simply use the 3 player track and start on the "6" level instead of the 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exupery Ether
msg tools
mb
if you want to make a custom ritual track for 2 players, simply use the 3 player track and start on the "6" level instead of the 5.

I will really try this, Moshe! Sounds like the perfect solution

Thank you so much both.

I've spent a ton of money on this game and I don't want to sell it just because we cant play a 2 players game. Where there is will there is a way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
one of our upcoming stretch goals is "real" 2 player rules, without controlling 2 factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.