Hide
7 Posts

No Retreat 4! Italian Front: 1943-45» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement of Fascist Unit in Example of Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Greene
msg tools
Please turn to page 32 of the Playbook and feast your eyes on Illustration 4. Notice the Fascist unit on the mountain hex next to the 1st Canadian Mechanized Infantry unit. The fate of this unit is that it "...moves on adjacent high terrain instead, but this causes problems later." (pg 32 under "1st German Movement Phase") How was this done?

The unit is in the ZoC of the Canadian unit, which means it will firstly have to move out of said ZoC at a cost of 2MP for entering entering the mountain hex northwest of its starting hex, and then 3MP to end up next to the 2 unit Allied stack just below Siracusa. (2MP for the mountain hex and 1 for entering EZOC) This move will cost it a total of 5MP but it only has 4. Am I being a complete idiot and missing something very simple?

Your comments will be much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cardboardcraver wrote:
Please turn to page 32 of the Playbook and feast your eyes on Illustration 4. Notice the Fascist unit on the mountain hex next to the 1st Canadian Mechanized Infantry unit. The fate of this unit is that it "...moves on adjacent high terrain instead, but this causes problems later." (pg 32 under "1st German Movement Phase") How was this done?

The unit is in the ZoC of the Canadian unit, which means it will firstly have to move out of said ZoC at a cost of 2MP for entering entering the mountain hex northwest of its starting hex, and then 3MP to end up next to the 2 unit Allied stack just below Siracusa. (2MP for the mountain hex and 1 for entering EZOC) This move will cost it a total of 5MP but it only has 4. Am I being a complete idiot and missing something very simple?

Your comments will be much appreciated.

Very true. My bad. I made a rule mistake there: not enough MPs to do that move! It's ME that is the complete idiot. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Greene
msg tools
Thank you very much for your amazingly speedy response, Carl, and congratulations on your intriguing creation.

I'm sorry to be a pain in the posterior but I am also having problems with the move of the 15th Panzergrenadier unit from its setup position "...next to Palermo further to the west." I initially read this as the hex left of Palermo but this can't be as it is specified under "6 German/Italian Set-Up" on page 8 of the Playbook that the unit "...may only be set up in a road hex or a hex adjacent to a road - provided such a hex is not a Beach, City or Town hex." The hex left of Palermo is a Beach hex and the Panzergrenadier unit would not have enough MP's to move from there to its position indicated in Illustration 5. Was the intention to have the unit set up east (right) of Palermo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cardboardcraver wrote:
Thank you very much for your amazingly speedy response, Carl, and congratulations on your intriguing creation.

I'm sorry to be a pain in the posterior but I am also having problems with the move of the 15th Panzergrenadier unit from its setup position "...next to Palermo further to the west." I initially read this as the hex left of Palermo but this can't be as it is specified under "6 German/Italian Set-Up" on page 8 of the Playbook that the unit "...may only be set up in a road hex or a hex adjacent to a road - provided such a hex is not a Beach, City or Town hex." The hex left of Palermo is a Beach hex and the Panzergrenadier unit would not have enough MP's to move from there to its position indicated in Illustration 5. Was the intention to have the unit set up east (right) of Palermo?

Right! I mean "Further to the EAST". Silly me. Argh... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Greene
msg tools
Thanks, Carl. Much appreciated. I am so looking forward to getting to grips with your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cardboardcraver wrote:
Thanks, Carl. Much appreciated. I am so looking forward to getting to grips with your game.

Thanks! Sorry about the few mistakes in the rules. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
Take solace in the notion that if we shoot you at dawn for the rules errors, there would be no more No Retreat games! You are safe sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.