Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals » Hot Deals - Europe

Subject: Arts Cow Drawstring Bag Deal - 10 for $20 (Free International Postage) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out The Game Pit Podcast
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The deal is up again for you to get lots of bags for your games.

Link: http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/crazy-bundle

The code to use at Checkout: STEALDEAL

This deal is available until the 24th October (so not long left) but after that you can use the following code until the 20th December:
ZCRAYSALEXDNFV

Here is a link to lots and lots of excellent bag designs to pimp your games out from the BGG community:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/190164/direct-links-artsc...?

...or design your own!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Killian
United Kingdom
Wednesbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems like an amazing deal. 10 Bags with shipping to the UK for about £13..... surely it'll cost them more than that to ship them?

Put an order in anyway and I'm gathering from here it's not too good to be true. How often do they do deals like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KillerBotK wrote:
That seems like an amazing deal. 10 Bags with shipping to the UK for about £13..... surely it'll cost them more than that to ship them?

Put an order in anyway and I'm gathering from here it's not too good to be true. How often do they do deals like this?

All the time, every few months at most, if not weeks, shipped from China. The quality however if you upload decent images is very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kerrison
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last one was a couple months ago maybe? It's an excellent deal, bags seem pretty decent and the price is fantastic. I assume they break even at best on this, or it's a loss leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any tips what size of bag is good for what?

For example, for a pack of 100 odd cards, would a large do the job?

Am toying with the idea of smash up faction packs (20 cards). What size would you recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Any tips what size of bag is good for what?

For example, for a pack of 100 odd cards, would a large do the job?

Am toying with the idea of smash up faction packs (20 cards). What size would you recommend?

The sizes are listed on the site. A large has way more space than you need for just 100 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry, but i don't get it...

the deal link leads to a site where the drawstring bags are 3 of many items available (3 sizes).
which size is the "10 for 20$" deal for?

and is it possible to order designs made by boardgamegeeks, listed in the geeklist mentioned above?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Castejon
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any size. I just got 5 smalls, 4 mediums and 1 big. All for 20$ All with BGG designs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AL Bundy
France
flag msg tools
Hi ! Thanks for the tip ! I'm gonna take some bags for Stefan Feld's game but I cannot find any good designs or good quality pictures for In the year of the dragon which is my favourite. Any idea where I could find some pictures ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow. just placed my order.

if this really works, it's incredible.
european geeks: price is 18,20€.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clawf1ng3r wrote:
wow. just placed my order.

if this really works, it's incredible.
european geeks: price is 18,20€.

It definitely works, I got the motherload in the last promotion and all bags arrived and they look awesome too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curunoir wrote:
Hi ! Thanks for the tip ! I'm gonna take some bags for Stefan Feld's game but I cannot find any good designs or good quality pictures for In the year of the dragon which is my favourite. Any idea where I could find some pictures ?

Have a look a the game page here, do a Google search for images or simply take some photos yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clawf1ng3r wrote:

the deal link leads to a site where the drawstring bags are 3 of many items available (3 sizes).
which size is the "10 for 20$" deal for?

and is it possible to order designs made by boardgamegeeks, listed in the geeklist mentioned above?

thanks

The deal is actually for 10 of anything on the list or a mixture of any totalling 10.

You can use all the designs on the Geeklist. Just make sure you are logged in and add them to your cart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clawf1ng3r wrote:

You can order anything from that list. I added a couple of stamps, too.

Clawf1ng3r wrote:
Yes. I noticed that if it doesn't work correctly but behaves erratically, it starts working again after you cleared your browser cache.

Also, I found a Google calendar where apparently all the current, past and future Artscow coupon codes are listed, with details about them if you click on the entry. That "10 for $20" deal is apparently recurring often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A skinned math nerd wrote:
Also, I found a Google calendar where apparently all the current, past and future Artscow coupon codes are listed, with details about them if you click on the entry. That "10 for $20" deal is apparently recurring often.

wow, cool! thanks a lot .
yeah, i'll make some stamps next time, too. this time, it's 10 string bags for me meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG
Even works for $40 i.e. 20 pieces blush

(edit: fixed 40 to $40 i.e. 20 pieces)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esther B
Netherlands
Nieuwstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty awesome! I went and tossed in some bags in my basket, and came up to 27 of them
Was hard to take out 17 but hopefully there will be another of these bargains soonish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blodhemn wrote:
Pretty awesome! I went and tossed in some bags in my basket, and came up to 27 of them
Was hard to take out 17 but hopefully there will be another of these bargains soonish.

Just go back and add another ten for the same deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb

That is an excellent link! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stophle wrote:
It has no quantity limit. But if you want to order 20 pieces, I'd suggest you do it in two orders of 10, as these will definitely not have any customs fees to be paid for them. And the shipping is free, anyway, so no need to bundle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
stophle wrote:
It has no quantity limit. But if you want to order 20 pieces, I'd suggest you do it in two orders of 10, as these will definitely not have any customs fees to be paid for them. And the shipping is free, anyway, so no need to bundle.

Dang!
Too late, but very true.
However it will be in an envelope I assume so it should go through anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Temby
United Kingdom
Evesham
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Worked my way through the excellent geek list and found 18.

Trawled back through again to make up the 20.

I'm still in my first year of the hobby.

There always seems to be new ways to spend money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curatesegg wrote:
Worked my way through the excellent geek list and found 18.

Trawled back through again to make up the 20.

I'm still in my first year of the hobby.

There always seems to be new ways to spend money!

I got 20 last time the offer was run. Still managed to pick up 13 *essential* new bags for games this time round. Customised a few fridge magnets, stamps and made some "Key-games" themed coasters to fill it up to 20 again. Seems to go through customs okay at that level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benosteen wrote:
Still managed to pick up 13 *essential* new bags for games this time round.

Do share! Not just these 13 but also any from the last order you feel were equally "essential".

I've been particularly interested in those games where bags are truly an asset to gameplay, set up or breakdown etc. rather than just an esthetic upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
benosteen wrote:
Still managed to pick up 13 *essential* new bags for games this time round.

Do share! Not just these 13 but also any from the last order you feel were equally "essential".

I've been particularly interested in those games where bags are truly an asset to gameplay, set up or breakdown etc. rather than just an esthetic upgrade.

Okay, well, the ones that really help play are as follows (mostly by speeding up setup):

Bags for tiles in The Castles of Burgundy - everyone can grab a bag, help refill the board at the end of a year. Really quick, great to shuffle them in, and super easy to pack up at the end of the game too.

I prefer drawing from a bag for chits than stacking tiles - eg Cable Car, Hawaii, War of the Ring (Second Edition) etc. Massively speeds up setup if you can just open the box, get bits out like board and player meeples, and then start playing.

Shuffling Keyflower tiles is hard to do while not looking at them (they are printed on both sides). I got some seasonal bags from the geeklist in the top comment, so you can just put the tiles in, and draw randomly very easily.

Oh, and I got three bags for Glass Road as well, for the three types of buildings. Big setup speed up there.

Other bags were just cosmetic, like I themed a few bags for the games to replace the generic one they come with eg Reef Encounter, Colonialism, etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.