2 Posts

Battletech Introductory Box Set» Forums » General

Subject: Areotech / City Fight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim palazzolo

Macomb Twp
msg tools
I understand that these are older books.
I am looking to get back into battletech table top gaming. Bought the box years ago as a kid...you know...the one with the warhammer on the front. Anyways, back then they had air and ground as two separate games that you could merge. Is this still the case?

I also say there's Iron Winds Metals as well as Heavy Metal map maker. Any comments on either of these would be great too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can still merge the air and ground game - but to do so you need more than just the Intro Box Set, you also need the Total Warfare book.

Alpha Strike is a miniatures system for BT that boils down the game into its bare elements and doesn't use a hex grid. The Alpha Strike core book comes with an abstract aerotech system that can affect the main area of battle and can result in strafing runs as well as combat between aerotech units. It might be worth checking out.

I have ordered from Iron Wind Metals before and they do a great job of providing your products accurately. I have never used Heavy Metal map software.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.