Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Moongha Invaders: Mad Scientists and Atomic Monsters Attack the Earth!» Forums » Rules

Subject: A-Bomb targeting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can an A-Bomb target any city, only a city with at least one monster or only a city with at least one revealed monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The A-Bomb can target any city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biscuits409 wrote:
The A-Bomb can target any city.

Just so we're clear, an A-Bomb can be dropped on a city that is completely empty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Huesken
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a copy of Key Town! Got a copy for trade?
mbmbmbmbmb
We always play that it can only be dropped on a city with a revealed monster. The military and heroes are first moved to adjacent cities (at the discretion of the person dropping the bomb).

We don't trigger the moved units (in their new city placement) in that same action or it would be way too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Original game rule states that there must be one revealed monster in a city in order to use the A-Bomb on the city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
Original game rule states that there must be one revealed monster in a city in order to use the A-Bomb on the city.

Yes, unfortunately the 2nd edition rules don't specify, so something official would be grand...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shiny Blue Robot wrote:
We always play that it can only be dropped on a city with a revealed monster. The military and heroes are first moved to adjacent cities (at the discretion of the person dropping the bomb).

We don't trigger the moved units (in their new city placement) in that same action or it would be way too powerful.

Thanks Tim, that's an interesting way to do it. I'd imagine that, given you worked on the game, beautiful art job by the way, you'd have an interesting perspective on the whole thing.

The 2nd edition rules do specify though that all military units in the city are first returned to stock, but it fails to specify if there must be a revealed or hidden or no monster present.

Being able to drop an A-Bomb on any old city would have drastically changed the outcome of the last game I played, so again, something official would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official response from MW:

Also do A bombs have to be used in city that has a revealed monster?
Where do the military troops go after they are removed from the city when you play an A bomb?

YOU CAN PLAY BOMB ON ANY CITY THAT HAS MONSTERS IN, EVEN UNREVEALED ONES. TROOPS GO BACK TO POOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.