Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Infectious Lunacy (one card spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When you suffer brain damage, gain lunacy tokens equal to the damage suffered. When you have 3+ lunacy tokens, remove them all and suffer the frenzy brain trauma.


So you collect 3 tokens, discard them and take frenzy. A few turns later, you take one more brain damage. Does the process start over?

You can take more that one frenzy trauma and the card text says nothing about limitations on taking the tokens, so I think RAW say, "Yes keep taking the tokens, possibly get more that one frenzy."

But the card has circle for tokens and I think you are meant to put three tokens in the circle and draw from that pool (which is not mentioned in the card text). There is also in implication that you put four of these cards in play, one per survivor, each with it's own stack of tokens (again, no mention of this). There is nothing to say whether this pool is replenished, but I think not. So I think you do not play RAW and just go through the process once per survivor.

What are other people doing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AGN1964 wrote:
Quote:
When you suffer brain damage, gain lunacy tokens equal to the damage suffered. When you have 3+ lunacy tokens, remove them all and suffer the frenzy brain trauma.


So you collect 3 tokens, discard them and take frenzy. A few turns later, you take one more brain damage. Does the process start over?

You can take more that one frenzy trauma and the card text says nothing about limitations on taking the tokens, so I think RAW say, "Yes keep taking the tokens, possibly get more that one frenzy."


Yes, you keep getting Frenzy. Remember that Speed is not always good. Hitting 10 times against the Butcher is really really bad. He's only got like 15 hit locations.

AGN1964 wrote:
But the card has circle for tokens and I think you are meant to put three tokens in the circle and draw from that pool (which is not mentioned in the card text).

I'm really not sure what you mean here? Each time you gain brain damage, your survivor gains Lunacy Tokens. Tokens are always just placed on (or near) your character sheet. When you have 3 or more, you discard them back to the box and gain Frenzy.

AGN1964 wrote:
There is also in implication that you put four of these cards in play, one per survivor, each with it's own stack of tokens (again, no mention of this). There is nothing to say whether this pool is replenished, but I think not. So I think you do not play RAW and just go through the process once per survivor.


It's a Survivor Status, so each survivor gains one.
You gain tokens from the box, not from some assumed pool. I guess you could put them on each card for convenience's sake.
You're implying a lot here and adding words where none exist.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So why are there 4 infectious lunacy (S) cards?
And what is the token sized circle on the infectious lunacy, containing the number 3?

To me, that implied putting all four cards out with 3 tokens on the card draw from.

To be honest, I did not notice there were 4 of these cards until I saw some one saying you should do this. We pulled tokens from the box the first time and placed them on the gear grid. And we played that you could get multiple cycles of tokens from this Trait, although only one dude did.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Ryn
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
AGN1964 wrote:
So why are there 4 infectious lunacy (S) cards?

Each Survivor gets one.

Quote:
And what is the token sized circle on the infectious lunacy, containing the number 3?

Place lunacy tokens there, as they're collected. Once you hit 3, suffer Frenzy. Clear tokens. Keep piling more on each brain damage.

Quote:
To me, that implied putting all four cards out with 3 tokens on the card draw from.

That would work too. Just be sure each survivor has his/her own card/pool, and place the tokens back into the pool after you frenzy to be re-drawn when you take brain damage.

Quote:
And we played that you could get multiple cycles of tokens from this Trait, although only one dude did.


That's correct.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AGN1964 wrote:
So why are there 4 infectious lunacy (S) cards?

There's 1 for each survivor. As in, one each gets assigned to a survivor.

Glossary, Page 220, Survivor Status Card wrote:
Special (S) AI cards that track conditions for an individual survivor rather than the monster. When a survivor gains a survivor status card, place it next to their gear grid. The card's effects apply only to them. Some status cards change and need to be tracked. Some grand survivors unique actions. If a monster's story event has a Survivor Status card in its setup, all survivors gain the card at the start of the showdown


AGN1964 wrote:
And what is the token sized circle on the infectious lunacy, containing the number 3?

Maybe just a reference? Or as I said, you could put 3 on there for convenience.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. It looks like we played it right the first time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Each Survivor gets a card, because they each track brain damage separately. If one Survivor suffers brain damage, just that Survivor gains a Lunacy token, not everyone
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
AGN1964 wrote:
So why are there 4 infectious lunacy (S) cards?
And what is the token sized circle on the infectious lunacy, containing the number 3?

To me, that implied putting all four cards out with 3 tokens on the card draw from.

To be honest, I did not notice there were 4 of these cards until I saw some one saying you should do this. We pulled tokens from the box the first time and placed them on the gear grid. And we played that you could get multiple cycles of tokens from this Trait, although only one dude did.

Each person gets one. Each time you take brain damage you get a token. People can take brain damage at different rates and times so you each need your own tracker.

You can use the tokens they gave you to mark it, the many colored ones.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you mean. We simply put the tokens in our play area.

I didn't even notice the 3 other copies the first time we played (I'm a "blind player", not looking at decks or tables, etc, unless I have to.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kubaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep seeing references to "playing blind" and wanting to avoid spoilers. I get it, but I really -think- that this is going to lead to missing rules and not getting the full picture of how things are supposed to work. It's great that people here will answer these questions, but the excessive need to keep things secret is a detriment in a lot of ways (I think).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case, I got this card correct when playing blind. I only thought about stacking tokens on the cards and whether they should be refilled when I read about playing the butcher here on BGG, after playing the Butcher myself.

The last time I blamed a missed rule on playing blind, I did actually read that section of the rule book right in the middle of the game, but missed a crucial point (I blame beer).

I don't think playing blind has caused me too many problems. But I do get your point. Normally, I read the rule book cover to cover.

Personally, I find the rule book a bit too concise. For example, I got measuring range for ranged attacks wrong. But I don't think there is a graphical example of my mistake in the rule book, nor a direct text statement "Count the distance for ranged attacks orthogonally" or better still "Count the distance for ranged attacks orthogonally, not diagonally". There's just a general lack of diagonals. For sure, they never said to use diagonals, so it was my mistake, but they could have made it easier.

Then again, sometimes concise is clear.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kubaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the great things about this game is that, even when you play mostly blind the rules make sense and things should mostly work out. That's great. And really, this isn't directed directly at you. You played right. I am just seeing a ton of questions that are pretty easily answered by reading the rulebook - some really basic things, too. I guess I just haven't seen this before with games and it is a bit new and jarring for me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HaleysRedComet wrote:
One of the great things about this game is that, even when you play mostly blind the rules make sense and things should mostly work out. That's great. And really, this isn't directed directly at you. You played right. I am just seeing a ton of questions that are pretty easily answered by reading the rulebook - some really basic things, too. I guess I just haven't seen this before with games and it is a bit new and jarring for me.


Yeh just sharing my personal experience, I read the rulebook from start to the end of the detailed phases and actually found the concise and easy to follow compared to a lot more of the strategic games my gamer friends have us playing.

Most of the strategy comes from how you attack and defend and what you make at camp so there isnt need for more rules than those...

A lot of the errata stuff too that's discussed here are mostly just wording or ambiguity really.

But yeh we go in every fight almost blind and there's so much extra story and things to trigger that reading the rulebook for the play sections should still leave for a lot of surprise and adventure =).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.