Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So there's this flowchart on the back of the rulebook, showing all the steps that can happen during a maneuver. Do any of you use it? Is there something you wish it had that it doesn't have? Is there something else that would be more useful instead of this flowchart?
Poll
What do you think of the maneuver flowchart on the back of the rulebook?
I use it when I play the game.
It's good for new players learning the game.
It's too complicated.
It's redundant -- everything on it is already in the rules.
There's a flowchart?
      32 answers
Poll created by buffalohat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Kangro
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I used it in my first solo and also when I explained the game to others, just to make sure I didn't forget anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not used it yet.

I did play a "very hard" solo game a few nights ago and could not get a man out of earth orbit for some reason. My previous games were less difficult, and I have sent probes and landers to distant locations, but the additional mass of capsules and supplies is still quite a puzzle.

Will be looking at ion thrusters, mission planning, and the flow chart for some assistance in future games. Will take the survey after I use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the flowchart clarifies and complements the written rules in describing the sequence of events. However for reentry and landing it indicates that they must be "successful" or the capsule burns up or the spacecraft is destroyed although "minor failure" should only damage the capsule or spacecraft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't gotten to the flowchart yet. I'll comment more when I finish reading the rules (my copy arrived yesterday!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The flow chart looks good but without the game I couldn't say what its usefulness it. I would say at least it would be helpful to beginners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just briefly looked at it until now. Will explain the game to my girlfriend today, maybe I'll use it.

Edit: Forgot to use it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
It's also another nice piece of thematic game design, reminiscent of the flowcharts used by NASA in that era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.