Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://time.com/4081956/paul-ryan-house-speaker-race-republi...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
If you need the federal government's *help* to spend time with your own family then I've got some news for you - you shouldn't have a family.

Losers.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I get the governments help to watch my kids so I can go see a movie?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the hypocrisy? He's negotiating with his employer to ensure he gets to spend time with his family. Something he expects others to do as well.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
If you need the federal government's *help* to spend time with your own family then I've got some news for you - you shouldn't have a family.

Losers.


Liberals aren't big on personal responsibility though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Yeah, there's zero hypocrisy here, just more people who can't tell the difference between actions taken by individuals and those enforced by government mandate.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I sure called this one wrong. I'd like to thank all you single moms for coming on here and setting me straight.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:
Man, I sure called this one wrong. I'd like to thank all you single moms for coming on here and setting me straight.


Hopefully the federal government will just coalesce into one big family time dispensary and allow you the time to take your son out of the creche for a few hours every week or two.

Otherwise you'd probably never be able to spend time with him if left to your own devices.

Fuck me. RSP has become even more of an inbred liberal cesspool than ever.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Why are you guys so against workers rights? We're talking about the folks at the bottom who need help. Help that Paul Ryan voted against.

I understand why Ryan is negotiating for a better deal, but many people never have that opportunity. That makes Paul Ryan a hypocrite.

Plus he keeps posting unrealistic budgets every year. He does it as a joke, that is funny only to him. Kind of like my occasional hilarious non sequitur.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they accede to his demands and he gets the Speakership. the most important one for the country would be changing the House rules to make it harder to replace the Speaker. that way he could actually lead the House and make the hard decisions and compromises needed for governing that Boehner could not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Breaking News: Prominent politician is also a hypocrite. Film at 11.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
There's a difference between not liking his policies and him being a hypocrite. People really need to learn what the word means.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

I understand why Ryan is negotiating for a better deal, but many people never have that opportunity. That makes Paul Ryan a hypocrite.


No, it doesn't. At most, you might try to argue that he's being insensitive to the plight of others. It's not hypocrisy, though. If Ryan said that people shouldn't negotiate with their employers for family leave time, *that* would make him a hypocrite.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Look poors, I AGREE with your desire to spend time with your stupid ugly families, but my ACTIONS just don't reflect that sincere belief."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if Ryan will run since the Freedom Caucus won't endorse him. that was one of his conditions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
49xjohn wrote:

I understand why Ryan is negotiating for a better deal, but many people never have that opportunity. That makes Paul Ryan a hypocrite.


No, it doesn't. At most, you might try to argue that he's being insensitive to the plight of others. It's not hypocrisy, though. If Ryan said that people shouldn't negotiate with their employers for family leave time, *that* would make him a hypocrite.


As I understand it, Ryan voted against allowing the opportunity. I could be wrong about that, but the real reason I posted was just to acknowledge that Paul Ryan is a dork.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:
As I understand it, Ryan voted against allowing the opportunity. I could be wrong about that, but the real reason I posted was just to acknowledge that Paul Ryan is a dork.


He voted against the government mandating paid family leave. He never voted against allowing people the opportunity to negotiate with their employer for such leave.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
this is basically the bernie sanders interns thread in reverse
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
DWTripp wrote:
If you need the federal government's *help* to spend time with your own family then I've got some news for you - you shouldn't have a family.

Losers.

thats great then that you also dont want the federal government involved in the decision of a pregnant mother whether she actually wants a family
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea of negotiating with the GOP for *more power and priviliges* before taking the speakership is a very Lex Luthor move though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
49xjohn wrote:
As I understand it, Ryan voted against allowing the opportunity. I could be wrong about that, but the real reason I posted was just to acknowledge that Paul Ryan is a dork.


He voted against the government mandating paid family leave. He never voted against allowing people the opportunity to negotiate with their employer for such leave.


So he is Pro-Union then?

Well, it all makes sense now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
He can get more time with his family by cutting back on his P90X time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
Where is the hypocrisy? He's negotiating with his employer to ensure he gets to spend time with his family. Something he expects others to do as well.
Yeah. I'm sure an employee at Walmart has exactly the same bargaining power as he does.

Apparently some people here are perfectly ok with the government stepping in to finance a corporation's slave labour.

But god forbid someone suggest that the government do something for the people for a change.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kempeth wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:
Where is the hypocrisy? He's negotiating with his employer to ensure he gets to spend time with his family. Something he expects others to do as well.
Yeah. I'm sure an employee at Walmart has exactly the same bargaining power as he does.

Apparently some people here are perfectly ok with the government stepping in to finance a corporation's slave labour.

But god forbid someone suggest that the government do something for the people for a change.


Are you under the impression that any congressman or senator can do what Ryan is doing?

He excelled at his job. They came to him and asked him to take on more responsibility, because they desperately need him to. He is negotiating the terms of that promotion.

You can do that at Wal-mart, too. But only if you excel at your job and they desperately need you, because you can do what others can't do.

Are there people out there who are expendable? Sure. At Wal-mart? Yep. Does that make Ryan a hypocrite? Still no.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
He renamed the hell out of that post office!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.