Subject: Campaign and Arcade Mode rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John T
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might possibly be a redundant question but does the campaign support arcade mode as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer, yup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David O'Connell
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Apparently in a more limited way through premade adventures. They have not really said much else, but so far that is at least 3 adventure paths (plus one in the Dark Consuls book?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunar Sol
msg tools
mb
AllDeadDave wrote:
Apparently in a more limited way through premade adventures. They have not really said much else, but so far that is at least 3 adventure paths (plus one in the Dark Consuls book?)

Only because you don't have someone designing the content for you outside of the premade adventures when you play without a GM. Regardless of what SP makes though, it won't take long before the community starts generating new content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a concern I have about level up.
If the heroes get super buff by the 2nd or 3rd tile already, what's the power creep gonna be like if you level up and keep the best items during a campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunar Sol
msg tools
mb
N0mE wrote:
Here's a concern I have about level up.
If the heroes get super buff by the 2nd or 3rd tile already, what's the power creep gonna be like if you level up and keep the best items during a campaign?

You don't keep equipment; whatever you get gets turned into crystal shards that you use to level up your character. It sounds like monsters will also level up so the game is going to escalate to where red dice will be worthless and you're mostly rolling greens along with those new yellow and purples. That's my understanding at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
AllDeadDave wrote:

I suspect that the majority of support for campaign play in Arcade mode will come from the community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.