3 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Base game and Factions shipping separately? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Deweerd
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I unfortunately missed the original kickstarter and am planning to buy the base game plus an extra faction or two. I noticed that In the FAQ it seems like that while the base game will come in January the extra factions wont arrive till September...
Am i correct in thinking this? or will I get the factions as well as long as i don't purchase of the new upcoming materials?

It does say shipped BY September not IN September.

From the FAQ:
If I am pledging for core game and add ons, what will happen when it comes time to ship?
Your core game will be shipped to you two months after the end of this campaign, and the add ons will be shipped to you by September 2016(estimate). Important point: you are paying shipping only ONCE, so you will not get charged twice, even if we ship items to you in 2 sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct: only the base game will ship out in January. Any expansions you get (whether old or new) will be shipped out in September 2016.

The reason for this is that they still have copies of the base game from the first print run, but do not have any available copies of the old expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main reason for this kickstarter is to get more funds to create more expansions and have them for retail.
Right now they only had enough expansions to send to backers from the first KS.
Newer expansions have been added so people who backed the first KS and like the game can get more content to play with.
I think it's a good decision to send the core game to new players now instead of making them wait until all the expansions are ready.
After all, it's what they did on the first KS and if they hadn't done it that way, nobody would have played the game yet, apart from demos on conventions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.