jmoulina jmoulina
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For example, I prepare a trick card with 1 trick marker on it.
Then I place this trick marker on a performance card then perform this performance card.

What do I do with my trick card and with the performance card.
Do I leave it and be able to prepare it again ? or do I discard it ?

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the (German) rules, page 17: After a perfomance all trick tiles go back to their owners (where the tile must be "prepared" again before this same tile can be set up in a new performance), but the performance card stays in place. It will be removed in the end-of-game phase (to be precise, this happens only from round 3 onwards), when new a performance card comes into play and the oldest is shifted out.

The lifecycle of a trick is this:
- learn the trick (you get the card)
- prepare the trick in your workshop (using components, but not spending them), which gives you a number of trick tiles to be put onto the trick card.
- To perform the trick, you need to set up the trick on a performance card (setting it up on the stage, i.e. putting a tile onto the performance card); the stage will be cleared after each performance, but if you have prepared trick tiles left you can set the same trick up again for another performance.
- When the trick is out of trick tiles you need to to prepare it again (to get new trick tiles for it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, good to know! I did that wrong until now and removed the performance card after a performance. But on the other hand it doesn't make that much of a difference in a two player basic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jmoulina jmoulina
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for your explanation, that's how I played but I wanted to be sure because it feels strange to be able to use same trick card again. It feels like easy points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoulina wrote:
…it feels strange to be able to use same trick card again. It feels like easy points.

The same card, yes, but not the same tile. After all, the card only represents you developing/learning how to do the trick, and why should you lose the card? It would be equivalent to forgetting how the trick worked, and our magicians do not look that old. To prepare it (= receiving trick tiles) involves work in your workshop, and depending on the trick (card) this may only be enough for one or two performances until have to prepare it again. And then you have to set up the trick for each performance, which means you need to send someone to the theatre to do that, and this someone cannot do other work and does not immediately give you any profit.

So, "using a trick again" for profit still involves 2 (if you have a trick tile left on the card) or 3 (if you don't) actions. I do not think that is too cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.