Cthulhu Wars» Forums » Variants

Subject: "...but now he's RADIOACTIVE!" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

A quick rules variant, inspired by the stretch goals for glow-in-the-dark Great Old Ones. Just thought I'd throw this out there...

If any faction GOO is killed by an army including humans, assume that a nuke was used. Replace the normal model with the glow in the dark version.

The GOO needs to be re-awakened as normal, but is now radioactive.

When a radioactive GOO enters an area, roll one combat die for each human in the area. Apply the results normally. (If there are several factions with humans in an area, roll for each one separately.)

Only roll when the GOO enters the area - there's no further penalty for being in an area with a radioactive GOO, or entering such an area.

Options.

You may want to restrict this to cases where the humans are actually rolling dice (BG Frenzy, Homebrew Human factions, etc.) and may want to exempt the rule if a GOO is on both sides of the battle (assume that Narly rolled the kill on Hastur, or whatever).

Whether Wizards, TchoTcho, etc. count as "human" is left deliberately vague.

Probably works best where there is a specific human faction in play.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Prince Albert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Love it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, wouldn't it be more fun when the combat die does "radioactive"damage = mutations when a kill is rolled? So a YS cultist would be changed to an undead, a BG cultist would change to a ghoul, a GC cultist would change to a deep one and a CC cultist would change to a nightgaunt! Only if those mutations are available of course. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Von Strubel wrote:
Hmm, wouldn't it be more fun when the combat die does "radioactive"damage = mutations when a kill is rolled? So a YS cultist would be changed to an undead, a BG cultist would change to a ghoul, a GC cultist would change to a deep one and a CC cultist would change to a nightgaunt! Only if those mutations are available of course. goo

Actually, yeah, that is kinda fun. Yet another option for people to try.

I like it!

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
The GC cultist should change to a shoggoth, because deep ones are already a possible evolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.