PSC games
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Tank Expansion third stretch goal unlocked! – 2 captured MK IV male tanks in German colours

A huge thanks to all our backers!

So now all backers receive a juicy extra 4 tank models (1 x British MK IV male, 1 x British MK IV female, 2 x Captured MK IV males) and 2 bonus scenarios. The captured MK IVs are a Kickstarter exclusive and are only available to KS backers and will not be on general sale.

I personally really want the clear Perspex targeting template on legs so I’ve lowered that back down to GBP 33,000.

Onto 33,000 everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coooooool!cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, the targeting perspex and the improved cards would both be a big plus for the base game and make everything else better, for now and the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing that with British tanks now available in German markings for German use, that the tank rules will be generic to both sides. I think this is right - no need for complicated armour thickness v AP Shell tables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
I'm guessing that with British tanks now available in German markings for German use, that the tank rules will be generic to both sides. I think this is right - no need for complicated armour thickness v AP Shell tables.

I always suspected they would be. C&C Games are pretty abstract with little distinction made between armies even when more advanced rules get introduced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:

I always suspected they would be. C&C Games are pretty abstract with little distinction made between armies even when more advanced rules get introduced.

That is my first thought as well and it would be very good for the gameplay. Although there will be Whippets coming in some scenarios and they seem to be ruled separately (so my pledge takes it into accountwhistle).
Yes, C&C games are abstract, but please remember special M'44 rules for armor: Tigers and SP guns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
nightbomber wrote:
Yes, C&C games are abstract, but please remember special M'44 rules for armor: Tigers and SP guns.

I am fully aware. But those were much later expansions, not the first one out of the gates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say that after backing my first few Kickstarters, I am becoming less enamored of them, for a number of reasons. Let me state therefore as a future retail customer for TGW, that I am totally against KS Exclusives, and most especially for Richard Borg games, which have always built expansion by expansion into a complete collection--I should know; I have them ALL for his C&C types, and that's a lot of customer dollars spent.

While I don't expect to change a basic company KS strategy, I do put in this bid for sanity on some details! (And I try never to be negative as such). Please don't do this to us retail customers. Don't do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
I must say that after backing my first few Kickstarters, I am becoming less enamored of them, for a number of reasons. Let me state therefore as a future retail customer for TGW, that I am totally against KS Exclusives, and most especially for Richard Borg games, which have always built expansion by expansion into a complete collection--I should know; I have them ALL for his C&C types, and that's a lot of customer dollars spent.

While I don't expect to change a basic company KS strategy, I do put in this bid for sanity on some details! (And I try never to be negative as such). Please don't do this to us retail customers. Don't do it.

I am generally against KS exclusives as well. I don't mind a "period of exclusivity" - as in something might be available only to backers UNTIL an expansion comes out or the promos are made for general retail.

But as a counter-point to this particular one, I do not see an issue. Why? There is nothing to be gained in-game with these. They are already represented in the game as tokens. So by adding them, you are not introducing any new rules. Much like the artillery, they are really just bling.

Second, these are not new models but repainted models. Anyone could purchase the original MKIVs and paint them to the German paint scheme. So what is "exclusive" is just the paint job by PSC, nothing else. At least that is my understanding.

This is an exclusive of convenience, nothing that is impossible nor expensive for a casual player to obtain. If you think the "limited edition" paint job is worth it, back it. If not, just buy extra MKIVs later and paint them yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, friend of my Heroscape pal out there! True, and since its a done deal anyway, what the hey. I also don't mind a "period of exclusivity," but that's not the case where my other KS have been concerned.

I'm speaking more for the future of the series, since this is the first Borg KS ever. I want my opinion in this case known as early as possible, especially since the PSC rep has hinted elsewhere at other Borg projects in their future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.