Subject: turn order marker useless without ship pack one? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i found 4 turn order marker and they seem useless for me, because i do not own the ship pack one expansion.

It's too bad that i have to buy this expansive expansion only to use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can create your own markers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Locke Balenska
msg tools
Boettchie wrote:
i found 4 turn order marker and they seem useless for me, because i do not own the ship pack one expansion.

The Turn Order Variant module is a part of the Ship Pack One expansion, so yes you can only use it if you have that expansion. This isn't a case of "SotR included part of a module that I have to buy SP1 to use", it's a case of "SotR also included a couple materials that are for use with a module that was in SP1". If you don't have SP1, then you don't have the Turn Order Variant module so you just ignore those tokens (when sticking to official materials only... obviously you can recreate the Turn Order Variant yourself or use those turn order tokens for something else if you want).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope this is a troll post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boettchie wrote:

Also, if you really want to play the turnorder variant but don't want to get SP1 it is very easily proxied:

Get a deck of regular playing cards.
For a 5 player game pick out a set of Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 from two different suits (one black, one red works best)
For the first round, deal the red ace to player 1, red King to 2, etc.
First person to pass in the round gets the black ace, second the king, etc.
Once everyone passed, collect the red cards.
Next rounds turnorder is from Black Ace down and people receive red cards for passing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.