Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Middara» Forums » General

Subject: Concerns? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
No Name
msg tools
mbmbmb
I didn't follow this campaign while it was active, I didn't know about it until afterwards. I managed to get into the late backer pledge manager, but reading here, it seems like people have worries about the project.

Are you guys worried about their ability to complete the project at all, or just about their ability to do it quickly? I don't mind a wait.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Archmagus of Roo wrote:
or just about their ability to do it quickly?

I am not worried, I am pretty sure they will deliver. That the whole process might take a while (or in some cases years) is something I have came to learn in many campaigns. For Middara I don't think we are talking of years, they seem to make pretty good progress.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not worried at all. As with any miniature kickstarter, back and then forget, let it come in as a surprise. Ninja packages.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Not worried in the slightest, they update every Friday and it has been the most open and transparent Kickstarter I've ever backed.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Name
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks a lot guys, I kinda figured this was the case. I'll back it later today!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
snake2shake wrote:
Archmagus of Roo wrote:
or just about their ability to do it quickly?

I am not worried, I am pretty sure they will deliver. That the whole process might take a while (or in some cases years) is something I have came to learn in many campaigns. For Middara I don't think we are talking of years, they seem to make pretty good progress.


Exactly. From the moment I accepted it was a real KS a not a preorder I adjusted my expectatatives accordingly. I'm sure they will deliver to the best of their capability. Doubt they'll deliver on time but they will deliver.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
snake2shake wrote:
Archmagus of Roo wrote:
or just about their ability to do it quickly?

I am not worried, I am pretty sure they will deliver. That the whole process might take a while (or in some cases years) is something I have came to learn in many campaigns. For Middara I don't think we are talking of years, they seem to make pretty good progress.


Exactly. From the moment I accepted it was a real KS a not a preorder I adjusted my expectatatives accordingly. I'm sure they will deliver to the best of their capability. Doubt they'll deliver on time but they will deliver.


They have confirmed in the comments that they're aiming for a 2Q 2016 release now. So potentially they are running about 1 -3 months late.

Like the rest, not worried, despite this. The developers have been very open throughout and they appear to be making all the right choices atm.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Farris
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
There is a duck in every game. You may not see it, but it's there.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cinos wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:
snake2shake wrote:
Archmagus of Roo wrote:
or just about their ability to do it quickly?

I am not worried, I am pretty sure they will deliver. That the whole process might take a while (or in some cases years) is something I have came to learn in many campaigns. For Middara I don't think we are talking of years, they seem to make pretty good progress.


Exactly. From the moment I accepted it was a real KS a not a preorder I adjusted my expectatatives accordingly. I'm sure they will deliver to the best of their capability. Doubt they'll deliver on time but they will deliver.


They have confirmed in the comments that they're aiming for a 2Q 2016 release now. So potentially they are running about 1 -3 months late.

Like the rest, not worried, despite this. The developers have been very open throughout and they appear to be making all the right choices atm.
If they havn't got a minis manufacturer, there is no way they are making 2 nd quarter 2016. I've been through a lot of kickstarters and miniatures are easily a year to get done from start to finish. 2nd quarter 2017 is my guess based on current reported progress.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smilinbrax wrote:
cinos wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:
snake2shake wrote:
Archmagus of Roo wrote:
or just about their ability to do it quickly?

I am not worried, I am pretty sure they will deliver. That the whole process might take a while (or in some cases years) is something I have came to learn in many campaigns. For Middara I don't think we are talking of years, they seem to make pretty good progress.


Exactly. From the moment I accepted it was a real KS a not a preorder I adjusted my expectatatives accordingly. I'm sure they will deliver to the best of their capability. Doubt they'll deliver on time but they will deliver.


They have confirmed in the comments that they're aiming for a 2Q 2016 release now. So potentially they are running about 1 -3 months late.

Like the rest, not worried, despite this. The developers have been very open throughout and they appear to be making all the right choices atm.
If they havn't got a minis manufacturer, there is no way they are making 2 nd quarter 2016. I've been through a lot of kickstarters and miniatures are easily a year to get done from start to finish. 2nd quarter 2017 is my guess based on current reported progress.


For the moment, they're working with Panda.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Japan
Iwaki
Fukushima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed after the KS completely finished, so I sure hope they don't have concerns.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.