Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Romero
Spain
Ajalvir
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules, I understand that the orders are secreet until you have to show them by 2 reasons:

- to have some advantage with a defensive order or
- when you move more than 1 hex near enemy units (4 hex).

According with them, when some enemy unit attack you, if it is the first time in the turn, the enemy player, don't know if you are in defensive ortder or not. they only know this date just in the combat resolution.

It is correct?

If it is correct, I read the new modification/optional rules there are in the CSW for, and the idea is increase it to +2 for Square formation. Is it like a 'trap' for cav??
I like the rules that take note about some units can form squares, but I supouse that cav unit can see if they are charging against squares or lines....

All comments about this subjects will be wellcome, in order I can understand better the rules and the real charges. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent GERARD
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

You're correct. But in the facts, the Cavalry did charge squares during the battle. Without any support. So...

Well, sometimes, it is obvious that the enemy will choose the defense order. Sometimes, it is obvious that they will have a geographic order. In any case, sending your heavy cav against infantry in good order (I mean full strength pile with artillery or light inf)is a suicidal move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Engqvist
Sweden
Goteborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I believe you would have to disclose your being in defensive mode if the enemy fires artillery at you in order to know if you qualify for the extra +1 modifier or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Romero
Spain
Ajalvir
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delirium_EU wrote:
I believe you would have to disclose your being in defensive mode if the enemy fires artillery at you in order to know if you qualify for the extra +1 modifier or not.

Yes... I forgot normally in our first game.... I will take note... a good system for know if the enemy have defense order....

Thasnk you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
walter vejdo
France
paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact , when the defensive order is revealed it could mean that the defender have just formed the square against the first cav attack. So the cavalry cannot know in advance. However, do not forget that you are never forced to execute a melee attack( except for pursuit in the open) They can take the defensive fire and then decide that because of the square modifier the melee is not worth doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.