Subject: W:Advanced Squad Leader H:Trade List rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking to get into ASL, I did a little looking around and got advice, many folks sugest starter kit #1, but I've also seen that there are rules tweaks between that and the main(mostly due to leaving bits out for the starter kit) So, if I can in trade I'd rather dive in full tilt.

Looking preferably for the most recent edition for all the updates. Let me know if you see something(s) that you think would make a good trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a small ASL collection up for trade. It's enough to get going but is kind of unusual. It consists of:

ASL starter kit #1
Beyond Valour
ASL 1st Ed. Rulebook
Some misc. maps and overlays
A ton of digitized scenario cards (nearly all the expansions plus a lot of magazine content).

The Beyond Valour set does not contain the original box anymore or the original scenario cards (though they're included in the digital content). But it does have all the counters and maps (the most important part). The 1st ed rulebook is old, beat up, and mostly worthless, but can be included because what else am I going to do with it?

If you're teaching the game to yourself, I highly recommend going through the starter kits first. Seriously, start with #1 and work your way through them all. They teach you the game. The rulebook is a reference guide, like a dictionary. It in no way teaches you the game and it's only helpful when you need to look up a very specific question about a corner case you're facing. You'll end up needing the latest rulebook or a digital copy for reference, but it's not the first thing I'd buy. The best way to learn this game would be to play with someone that already knows it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.