7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Machi Koro expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco DeLaurentis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to be picking up one expansion fo Machi Koro. Do I go with the Harbor expansion or Millionare's row? Unfortuantly both isn't an option for me right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was first introduced to Machi Koro with the Harbour Expansion.

I've since played with with Harbour and Millionaires Row.

Personally, I'd go with Harbour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt MacKenzie
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Definitely the Harbor expansion.

Some of the cards in Millionaire's Row require the Harbor major establishment card in order to be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely agree with the previous posts -- go with the Harbor expansion. It's the better of the two IMHO.

And try the Harbor expansion a time or two before adding the Millionaires' Row expansion. We've adopted a couple of house rules to use them together without agonizingly grinding the game flow down. Several players have posted their fixes on the Millionaires' Row page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco DeLaurentis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That's what I thought, just wanted to confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michaelo Brazen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcodel wrote:
I am going to be picking up one expansion fo Machi Koro. Do I go with the Harbor expansion or Millionare's row? Unfortuantly both isn't an option for me right now.

I would strongly suggest you look up the house rules for machi koro's harbor expansion. The one where you have 5 sets of cards 1-6 non purple, 5 sets 7-12 and a stack or two of purple cards.

Otherwise, you cab get like 8 stacks of high cards in the beginning, or you might never get low cards to help you get higher. Makes the game way long etc. Stressful, etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that a house rule? I thought it was how the game is supposed to work... at least that is how we have played it so far (and I don't think the owner of the game ever looked up house rules).

Anyways, I do not know the Millionare's row expansion, but the Harbor expansion really makes the game a lot better from my experience!

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.