Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Boyle
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not asking for this to be done soon at all, as I know there are a million things to do for wrapping up 2015 and planning 2016. But is there an approximation of when the tentative event schedule would be available? I never looked very far in advance in past years, so I was unsure if this is typically done at a specific point.

The reason I'm asking is I probably can't go for the full 9 days but in theory I'd love to make sure I can make the days that have specific tournaments that I would like to participate in, plus I'll need to make sure I adjust my hotel reservation in time. And I seem to remember reading that Euros and wargames would probably be spread out throughout the entire period.

No big deal if it's not for a while but figured I'd check. Thanks everyone for all the efforts in preparing - looking forward to seeing people in July!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year the first version of the schedule went up on April 27th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phrim wrote:
Last year the first version of the schedule went up on April 27th.

Trial votes will go out near the end of the year, GM's haven't signed up for anything yet, and the schedule is near the last thing done. I can see the schedule taking some time with the added days and possibility of Euros moving to that opening weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Boyle
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome - thanks for the input. Won't look for anything soon then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Boyle
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also just read on the membership update page on the website that general memberships aren't available until the schedule of events is released in May, so that would certainly agree with what you guys said. Guess I should've started there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant LaDue
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you looking to play, and when do you have available? Tournaments usually don't move much between years. 2016 *might* be a little different, but I wouldn't expect a mass exodus into the first weekend, which isn't actually precon anymore. More likely that a one or two day tournament or two and some heats get moved there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Boyle
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably only attending 5 days so basically it will probably be the first 5 or the last 5, so I'll just have to see how I can get most of the bang for my buck! Most of the events I enjoyed, like Dominion, were towards the end of the week, so you're probably right that most of those won't see much movement and will still be in the same general schedule.

Really I just started getting excited about it but I'll just have to be patient about that portion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the Orphans List/Preliminary Event List, you can get a general idea of the events and schedule earlier than the schedule release, which is approximately May. The Orphans List/PEL is first available in January or early February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
kengelma wrote:
The Orphans List/PEL is first available in January or early February.

I swear I am trying very hard to be patient... but any chance that you know when it will be published which games from 2015 made the 2016 Century?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Pearce
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Andrew, until we can get someone to make WBC a professional league thing, with sponsorship deals, etc. our vision of a several-months-long WBC just isn't going to happen. Your name is on the reserve list for the Toronto franchise when it happens, ok?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you will know which events are still trials and which are Century around December 1, when Trial Voting begins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
kengelma wrote:
I believe you will know which events are still trials and which are Century around December 1, when Trial Voting begins.

Thanks Kaarin. Really appreciate you indulging my questions :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
ardrummo wrote:
kengelma wrote:
The Orphans List/PEL is first available in January or early February.

I swear I am trying very hard to be patient... but any chance that you know when it will be published which games from 2015 made the 2016 Century?

Isn't that in the Event Reports?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right. Event Reports will also reveal which events made it to Century. Event Reports should be available in November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gmpearce wrote:
Andrew, until we can get someone to make WBC a professional league thing, with sponsorship deals, etc. our vision of a several-months-long WBC just isn't going to happen. Your name is on the reserve list for the Toronto franchise when it happens, ok?

This is a phenomenal idea. Why isn't this a thing yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigtaulefty wrote:

Max and his dad should definitely co-own the Chambersburg franchise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Brosius wrote:
sigtaulefty wrote:

Max and his dad should definitely co-own the Chambersburg franchise.

If I'm an owner, I'm drafting you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.