Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Lewandowski
United States
St. Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
have gotten back into this (playing mostly Caverna lately)

I could not find in the rules... the extra Major Improvements go under the orginal improvements. Does the top improvement have to be bought before the new ones are bought or can either be bought?

thanks... Still like this better than 'normal' agricola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the idea: when a Major is covered, it is unavailable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Grace
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While we like FotM, playing usually 2 Player, we do notice that we rarely get to use the "extra" Majors.

so ....
A) are we playing wrong ?
B) what is the logic of the "underneath" rule ? Can you ignore it ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wife and I just put them ALL out/available-we still only get 2-3 per person....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Capn Hook wrote:
While we like FotM, playing usually 2 Player, we do notice that we rarely get to use the "extra" Majors.

so ....
A) are we playing wrong ?
B) what is the logic of the "underneath" rule ? Can you ignore it ?

A) Not likely. Remember, acquiring Majors is heavily dependent on availability of stone, excluding cookeries. Base Majors total 13 slabs required; expansion Majors even more. Without the injection of more stone into the game via Imps and Ocks, there's no reason to expect to utilize all that many.

B) The layered availability is, I believe, primarily because "FotM" Majors are more powerful. It also creates an interesting dynamic of when to take a coveted base Major, exposing the expansion Major to the opposition. Can you ignore it? Sure, but there will likely be consequences (plus an Imp or two rendered invalid).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paris

Monforte de Lemos
LUGO
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started a thread a while back on this problem. It seems to me that FotM is a little bit unbalanced in terms of player count. It doesn't scale well; with more players it is far more likely that the under improvements will be revealed. The problem is compounded by the fact that many of the minor improvements interact with the under major improvements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.