6 Posts

Rivet Wars: Eastern Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Very confused about deployment points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exupery Ether
msg tools
mb
The rulebook says that at the beginning of a player's turn I will deploy units by using Deployment Points.

Alrighty.

But then the question is: HOW MANY Deployment Points do I have per game / scenario?

The first scenario says 4 Deployment Points.

OK again.

But how many Deployment Points do I receive EACH TURN?

4 Deployment Points each turn / at the beginning of each turn?

Or 4 Deployment Points PER GAME / PER SCENARIO?

I want to play this game with my kid but I cant since this whole Deployment Points thing is crucial to the flow of the game.

Many thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

DPs are given to the player at the beginning of every turn in a Game. Each scenario is different and extra DPs can be awarded through certain conditions, like Secret Mission Cards.

Here's a very quick flow:

Round 1:
Player1 - Turn 1:
Deploy - 4DPs -- eg: deploy 4 infantry
Shoot
Move
Victory Point stuff
Player2 - Turn 1:
Deploy - 4DPs -- do what you want.
Shoot
Move

Round 2:
Player 1 - Turn 2
Deploy - ANOTHER 4DPs - deploy some more infantry etc.
...etc

so to be clear there's no MAX limit for a scenario or game (unless a scenario explicitly says).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also worth noting that deployment points don't carry over to the next round, but rivets do. So if you get 6 DPs and 1 Rivet per turn and you use 5 deployment points and zero rivets on the first turn, the next round you will have 6 deployment points and 2 rivets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exupery Ether
msg tools
mb
Thank you Tom and Jason! All clear now.

The only thing I still don't quite understand is the moving. More precisely the diagonal movement. It says you can move diagonally once once per turn. So each unit can move diagonally only once per turn?

The pictures examples in the rulebook are not very helpful because I see there two diagonal movements. So a bit confusing. Actually the whole movement phase is too confusing for its own good.

That said the game looks very very nice and I cant wait to play a proper game with the family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wolf
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get 1 diagonal movement per turn for 1 movement point.. any further diagonal movement would cost you 2 movement points as I recall.. haven't played recently.

I believe range and what not is also measured the same way as movement to sort of give you a 'round' range/move zone.

If you allowed all diagonal measurements/movements at a cost of 1 you get a 'box' instead of a 'circle' firing/moving.

Don't read too much into the rules.. they are pretty straight forward as written.. take them at face value generally. There are a few exceptions as usual of course.

I also recommend this http://rivetwars.com/rules-and-stats/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a hard time explaining the diagonal thing to my wife:

I made this to help: