Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Indru
Romania
Timisoara
Timis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when the fishing deck is depleted? Players simply stop drawing cards when taking the fishing action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't in the rules at all, but I think it's reasonable that if you're supposed to draw a fish card and there are none, you instead score 1 VP (Victory Point).

My rationale is that fish cards that you still have score 1 VP each at the end of the game. This is lower than the a minimum of 2 VP if you trade with a merchant ship at a port, but you're also saving at least 1 action by not going to port.

(edited to clarify that I mean VP)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
NikolasCo wrote:
This isn't in the rules at all, but I think it's reasonable that if you're supposed to draw a fish card and there are none, you instead score 1 point.

Or how about you earn 1 privilege point. Unless of course that's what you ment by "1 point".blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paxton73 wrote:
NikolasCo wrote:
This isn't in the rules at all, but I think it's reasonable that if you're supposed to draw a fish card and there are none, you instead score 1 point.

Or how about you earn 1 privilege point. Unless of course that's what you ment by "1 point".blush
Sorry, I meant VP.

A privilege point seems often more valuable than 1 VP, and likely even 2 VP? Although they're only worth 1/5 of a VP at the end of the game, there's a variety of ways you can use them that (depending on the situation) can generally be worth more than 2 VP in my estimation. For example, spending 1PP to swap house tiles on the neighboring islands can easily allow you to place an additional worker during Fishing; the additional worker can score you 2-4VP at the end of of each season, 2-4VP via island roof, and 1 coin during Earning (or perhaps 1-4VP via fountain roof).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Min Ling
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
From now on, the player just can't get any fish card.
But some players suggest us to give him some compensatory, so we are discussing the case.
We'll make an official FAQ to refresh it.
Thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb
My first play (with four players) we had run out of fish and buildings by winter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
My rule book says if the fish supply is insufficient you instead gain 2 VP for each fish card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.