John Coyne
United States
Fort Worth
TX
flag msg tools
Gamer Dad
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're playing a game and this is the situation..... I have the Scientist (4 cards to cure) and the other player is the Researcher (May give any 1 of your city cards when Sharing Knowledge. It need NOT match your city. A player on THEIR turn can take any 1 of your city cards)

So these 2 characters and we put the relationship Co-workers: You may Share Knowledge as long as ONE of you is in the city of the card that is being passed (RESEARCHER: may pass ANY card)

To me this implies that on the Scientist's turn they may Share Knowledge with the Researcher whom has the Co-worker relationship with me, and pass ANY CARD, regardless of city name. Is this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Edit: I may have interpreted your question wrong. The post below this is correct. The researcher is the ultimate share bear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
msg tools
mbmbmb
atcjohn75 wrote:
To me this implies that on the Scientist's turn they may Share Knowledge with the Researcher whom has the Co-worker relationship with me, and pass ANY CARD, regardless of city name. Is this right?

It sounds like you're asking if the Scientist can pass any card (as the Researcher's Co-Worker), to which I would say the answer is no, only the Researcher can do this. Otherwise I would think the parenthetical would be (RESEARCHER: may pass or receive ANY card) instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have the exact same relationship and the above post is correct. The Researcher can pass any card to the Scientist with that relationship, not the other way around. It's the same as without the relationship in that if the Researcher and the Scientist are in the same city the Researcher can pass any card to them but they can only give that city's card to the Researcher. The difference with this relationship is that you don't even need to be in the same city. Very effective combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alucards 454
msg tools
mbmb
How is this combo possible? Only new characters get relationships with existing characters. So this cannot be possible since the researcher and scientist are both starting characters.

Edit: UNLESS you went through January without using one of these characters AND introduced them in a later month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I think the answer is "by playing two-player". It would be easy to pick the Medic in January, and play only one game that month. This is one of the reasons two-player is considered easier than higher player counts.

Though plenty of people have goofed on the relationships rule.

This thread should be warned for start-of-February spoilers, incidentally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Frazer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
My first play through was with 4 people and we didn't play the researcher in the first game. It was Generalist, Scientist, Medic and Dispatcher.

So we dumb-lucked into Researcher/Scientist co-workers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Haag
United States
Hamburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
February spoilers:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

sfrazer wrote:
My first play through was with 4 people and we didn't play the researcher in the first game. It was Generalist, Scientist, Medic and Dispatcher.

So we dumb-lucked into Researcher/Scientist co-workers.

Our group did the same thing. I was actually mildly annoyed with the player that took the generalist in game one, partly because I thought that the researcher was the better choice, and partly because I had the perfect name for the generalist that I wanted to use later and suddenly couldn't.

But all was forgiven when February started and we got the sweet sweet scientist/researcher coworker combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.