Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree to play for 3 years or so. At the end of every season, players get a point chip for each village. Whoever has the most after the 6 seasons wins. The normal winning condition of holding onto 4 villages stays in effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we didn't seem to have a use for caves, I was thinking something along these exact lines but giving 2 points for a cave and 1 for a village (maybe 0 for a plains village, the crops are nice). The lack of food is brutal.

Have you tried this variant, and if so how did it work. I enjoyed the game very much but felt that the "take that" aspect of the winning condition was a bit lame. We just kept going at each other until we were all almost dead and then someone limped over the finish line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
i7dealer wrote:
Have you tried this variant, and if so how did it work.

We always play this way (after an early 6-player game that just wouldn't end) and it works great. The game ends after 2 or 3 years (or whatever you choose) or when the regular victory condition kicks in. Break ties by villages/people/food as usual. Makes a great game even better by making sure it finishes when people are still having fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this is a great idea. I've had this game for ages but finally got to play it tonight for the first time. It was a 4 player game and it just didn't end. We finally packed it in after about 3 hours since it was going to be several hours more probably before someone might win. I really want to like the game but the current win conditions is just too hard to make work. This is a light game and should be over in a couple hours so hopefully I can convince my gaming group to give it another go with this variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.