Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Meckel
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do the German Kosmos and the American Mayfair cards have the same size?

I am asking because I was thinking about getting the "frame" from the new Kosmos edition anyway (to hold the board in place), as far as I know the hexes are the same saize. Then I saw that you can also get the Kosmos card holder for the resource / development cards. The only problem is that I am not sure whether the cards have the same size, i.e. whether my Mayfair cards fit. I have "Die Siedler von Nuernberg" and know that the resource cards from this game are definitely smaller than the ones form the Mayfair Catan game, so I fear the "Siedler von Catan" resource cards have the same size as the "Siedler von Nuernberg" ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kosmos uses the standard 'half size' cards as most other German publishers. Same size as the ones in the Nürnberg game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Meckel
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah, too bad. I would have liked to have the card holder .
Thanks for the fast response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ivar T.
Norway
Ålesund
Møre og Romsdal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This picture points to: http://www.settlersorganizer.com/

I would also like this, but the shipping costs to Norway are too expensive for me...

Edit: and you can see on this picture that it fits with the MyFairGames cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Meckel
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the photo.

It looks really good, but as you said the the shipping cost is quite expensive, for the UK it would be at least as much as the card holder itself, so that's at least 40 US$ to get it over here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ivar T.
Norway
Ålesund
Møre og Romsdal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
memm wrote:
Thanks for the photo.

It looks really good, but as you said the the shipping cost is quite expensive, for the UK it would be at least as much as the card holder itself, so that's at least 40 US$ to get it over here

I agree, and they have changed the design (the sticker on the front) so that it is not that nice looking anymore...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Meckel
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
The plastic insert from a packet of biscuits can be used as a card holder for the Mayfair version (Don't know which brands have inserts with the right size, "Bahlsen" is definitely fine). If I go shopping again I'll buy a second box of biscuits for the other two types of resource cards and the development cards. I think these biscuits are about 1.20 GBP (~1.80 $/€), but cheaper ones might have similar inserts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.