James Ryan
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's how I currently understand the rules, please tell me where I am mistaken:

1. A hero hit by a stun shot is flipped to the stunned side.
2. At the beginning of the hero's turn, the hero is flipped back to its non-stunned side.
3. Therefore the stun had no effect.

What am I missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The stunned hero misses a turn. The sticky point is that no one can be stunned two turns in a row, so don't remove the stun until you are about to take your normal turn, after missing a full turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Even then, it's a little weird if the Catacomb Lord stuns other heros on their next go. You have to remember which heroes were stunned this round and which were stunned last round. There's really no way that I can think of to make it make sense using JUST the hero discs.

If you have a hard time keeping track, I'd propose a better way to handle this. When first stunned, a hero flips their rules card over to indicate that they are stunned (along with their disc).

At the start of the Catacomb Lord's turn, all stunned heroes flip their rules card back to normal to indicate that they won't be stunned after this CL turn. They leave their disc flipped. Play proceeds as normal but anytime an unflipped disc flips to stunned, the hero also flips their rules card. If a flipped disc is hit with a stun shot, then the hero leaves their rules card as it is (unflipped) because they still stunned from LAST round.

Then on the heroes' turn, flip any discs over to unstunned for players whose rules cards are face up.

It's a bit complicated to type out, but I think really simple to do. I don't know that it's particularly necessary, as it's usually not a problem remembering these things. But it is an alternative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ryan
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, cool. Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.