504» Forums » General

Subject: 504rules: A rule summary sheet generator for 504 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Rules [+] Tool [+] Online [+] 504 [+] [View All]
Nick Johnson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
I'm proud to announce the release of 504rules.

504rules generates rule summary sheets for every game from 504. These are identical to the book of worlds pages, but with all of the conditionals deleted or merged in as appropriate, and with all sections for game phases listed in order, so you can read simply from top to bottom.

Pages are formatted for easy printing, and should all fit on two sides of A4 or letter paper. Please file a bug if you find any games for which this isn't true!

The full source for 504rules is available here on github, and I welcome forks and pull requests with improvements and bugfixes.

If you encounter a problem, formatting issue, or have a feature request, please file a bug!

This is a fan project for the game 504. All contents are supplied without liability and are subject to change. 504 rule text is copyright 2f-spiele.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Urso McDaniel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work! This looks very nice. It even reads well on my iPhone 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joy Thompson
msg tools
mbmb
THANK YOU!!!! I was about to cancel my preorder as I was becoming overwhelmed trying to figure out how all of the different modules related. This will be a lifesaver for me as Rule sets are not my strong point and this makes it work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Weiss
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You, sir, are my hero. Thank you. This deserves GeekGold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is amazing, thanks!

Noticed a spelling error and don't have a GitHub account to file a bug with so I'll post it here. From game 524, the last line of the Phase 3 A Capital section reads:
504rules wrote:
If he takes back 1 settlement, he mustr take back all residents on the same tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Beiswenger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Incredible. This appears to make the book of worlds obsolete!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bizwang wrote:
Incredible. This appears to make the book of worlds obsolete!

The book of world has more detail in the rules. but this is a fantastic resource.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
knaves wrote:
The book of world has more detail in the rules. but this is a fantastic resource.

I thought these online rules only omitted information not relevant to the current combination of modules. If that is the additional detail in the Book of Worlds then this is better because you don't have to figure out what to ignore.
If relevant information from the Book of Worlds is being omitted then that may be unintentional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Butler
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
PeterHendee wrote:
knaves wrote:

I thought these online rules only omitted information not relevant to the current combination of modules. If that is the additional detail in the Book of Worlds then this is better because you don't have to figure out what to ignore.
If relevant information from the Book of Worlds is being omitted then that may be unintentional.

That's correct. If you find anything relevant that's in the BoW but not in a given world's rules, please file a bug!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Percan
Sweden
Malmö
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent sir! Thanks alot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After I saw in the other thread that you got permission to do this from Henning, I can only say Thank You and tip you something!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's indeed quite awesome!

Maybe it's now actually possible to play a game without figuring out the rules in advance... got to give this a try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job! I don't even have my copy yet but I'm already stoked to play and this just makes me more so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Now if only someone can make me a downloadable (iPad) app, my life will be complete!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Thanks to everyone for the tips, positive comments, and bugs filed!

GlobeTrotting wrote:
Now if only someone can make me a downloadable (iPad) app, my life will be complete!

Well, it's all just a static HTML page, so you can bookmark it on your iPad, or download it for offline viewing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, Nick, this is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Now to generate 504 sets of rules and start uploading them to BGG one by one... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Dolus wrote:
Now to generate 504 sets of rules and start uploading them to BGG one by one... whistle

Are you thinking of all the geek gold for 504 file uploads?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
Dolus wrote:

Are you thinking of all the geek gold for 504 file uploads?

arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan U
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I started work on an iPad App, There is a good chance that I may find some time this week to work on it further. Still, I will need to contact 2F regarding copyright etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it do the "no residents" thing? We played 231 which I thought was "no residents", but using this page it shows as residents. It was my first play, I could easily have misread it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
galfridus wrote:
Does it do the "no residents" thing? We played 231 which I thought was "no residents", but using this page it shows as residents. It was my first play, I could easily have misread it.

It does all the other sections correctly, but was mistakenly including the residents phase in the list of phases. I've fixed that now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is brilliant. One thing that doesn't quite work is that when you print the small icons for the terrain types don't always translate and so fail to print. If you can find a way of converting to PDF that may solve the problem.

BTW I'm using a laserjet so I'm a bit surprised the pics didn't render.

A thoroughly useful site all the same. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.