Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Space Dealer» Forums » Rules

Subject: 5+ Players, 2 copies. What is required? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have picked up a second copy of Space Dealer, and had a few questions on the setup when using more than 4.

1. Cubes.
Do you use them all from both sets?

2. Demand Chits/Markers.
Each set has enough for all 8 colours, do you add more when 2 sets are used or just the set from one copy?

3. Technology Cards.
Are the cards put together as one large deck for each tech level or do you keep them seperate? Its a big layout when you have more players, having a deck at each end would be useful.

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Liggur wrote:
I had a few questions on the setup when using more than 4.
1. Cubes.
Do you use them all from both sets?


I use a ratio of the demand cubes. See my spreadsheet: SD_Card_Catalog_V31.xls on the last tab at the top. I figured that there is supposed to be a limitation on the goods available, so make it match the number of players.

Liggur wrote:
2. Demand Chits/Markers.
Each set has enough for all 8 colours, do you add more when 2 sets are used or just the set from one copy?


I didn't. I figure that since everyone is playing separately in a circle, that the number of these tokens should stay the same.

Liggur wrote:
3. Technology Cards.
Are the cards put together as one large deck for each tech level or do you keep them seperate? Its a big layout when you have more players, having a deck at each end would be useful.


The Level 1's are distributed as usual. The Level 2 is one stack, the level 3 another. Each is shuffled. I did not try to separate it into two level 2 stacks since that would unbalance it.

It is, however, very important, WHICH cards you use/remove in order to remain balanced. Again see spreadsheet: SD_Card_Catalog_V31.xls to decide which cards to use based on the number of players. I ended up marking up my cards so as to easily indicate which cards for which number of players.

Sterling
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sbabcock wrote:

It is, however, very important, WHICH cards you use/remove in order to remain balanced. Again see spreadsheet: SD_Card_Catalog_V31.xls to decide which cards to use based on the number of players. I ended up marking up my cards so as to easily indicate which cards for which number of players.

Sterling


Cheers for those answers,

What did you "Mark" the cards with and what system did you use?

Do you keep all bits together as a 3-8 player game or as 2 individual sets?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a small tip sharpie to mark the number of players (67) on the card where the power comes in. It was the only light part of the card.

One box is the first 4 players. The only thing I marked was !3 to indicate what to remove for 3.

The other box is the extension, and I marked each card based on 5,6,7 players like 67 or 56 or whatever. No mark for 8 is needed.

It is not as visible as I would like for sorting, but I did not want to put stickers on every card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OpenOffice is free, and can work with XLS files just fine. It can also make that PDF if you really still want it at that point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.