Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Baldock
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
I'm getting my Niece and Nephew into gaming and the next stage would be a game like this. However I think it will still be a bit overwhelming for them so I was wondering if the game would remain balanced and fun if you played without any Enchantment cards? That would cut out a layer of complexity for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Falesh wrote:
I'm getting my Niece and Nephew into gaming and the next stage would be a game like this. However I think it will still be a bit overwhelming for them so I was wondering if the game would remain balanced and fun if you played without any Enchantment cards? That would cut out a layer of complexity for them.

While you could play without enchantments... I don't think this is a game I'd introduce if I were worried about complexity. There are oodles of good gateway games, including head-to-head match games on similar themes, that I'd introduce first if complexity is an issue. What ages are we talking about? And what other designer board games have they played and enjoyed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
I would probably start with Summoner Wars first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Baldock
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
iNano78 wrote:
Falesh wrote:

While you could play without enchantments... I don't think this is a game I'd introduce if I were worried about complexity. There are oodles of good gateway games, including head-to-head match games on similar themes, that I'd introduce first if complexity is an issue. What ages are we talking about? And what other designer board games have they played and enjoyed?

My niece can play Smash Up & Legendary: Villains while my nephew can just play Smash Up with the straight forward damage and buffing decks. His reading isn't great, he is dyslexic like wot I am , but he can just about read a card though struggles with complex words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Baldock
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
tmgergo wrote:

I am looking for a shorter game that doesn't have positional strategy involved. I've tried them with BattleLore, they weren't ready at the time, which will fill that nitche in my collection. I was thinking about Dice Masters though, but I'm not sure if that would be any easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Falesh wrote:
tmgergo wrote:

I am looking for a shorter game that doesn't have positional strategy involved. I've tried them with BattleLore, they weren't ready at the time, which will fill that nitche in my collection. I was thinking about Dice Masters though, but I'm not sure if that would be any easier.

One nice thing about Dice Masters is the multiple cards for each character. If the kids have favorite heroes that they really want to use in a game, you still have a few options if one of the character cards' rules are a little too complex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.