Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/10653

A couple of the guys were playing this at my games club last week, and I thought it looked pretty fun. Had a quick investigate on Amazon, and the boosters linked below can be yours for a single, solitary penny a pop.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pirates-of-the-Crimson-Coast/dp/B000...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack H.
United Kingdom
Rochester
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a good deal, but they are not actually from Amazon. This means you'll be stung with extra charges. Also the weight is listed as 1kg, meaning that you'll be charged extra postage.

For 2 boosters, the final price including P&P works out as £7.02.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Babb
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pirates of the Spanish Main - boosters on Amazon UK for
I just put in for 20 of them, and the quantity was knocked down to 12. Total p&p for 12 little packs....£42.00. You have got to be kidding me. Needless to say I did not hit confirm on that order. I was just curious about how ridiculous the p&p would be. Wherever, whoever, Maddison Games, the company selling them is, they are out of their minds listing the weight as 1 kg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pirates of the Spanish Main - boosters on Amazon UK for
Ouchie - sorry about that guys, didn't realise that they'd actually be quite the rip-off! Ignore and I'll see if I can get this thread shut / deleted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sims
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I'm nothing to do with Maddison Games, but I've been selling stuff on Amazon for a good while.

The weight and the postage are both set by Amazon, rather than by the individual seller. P&P is a set rate per item, so buying 12 gives you 12 times the postage, rather than the much lower price you'd actually pay.

andrewsi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kidsley
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Long Eaton, Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive been stung on there before (The Market Place). You get charged a seperate delivery charge for each item and thats normally the same charge for each that you would incur overall on an Amazon order.

very excessive but as long as you are careful you shouldnt get stung

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found buying through amazon the P & P costs for various gaming items was too much, it worked out cheaper to go to the dealers own website and purchase direct.

Maddison games are a great company, My wife and I have bought a lot of games from them, they are very helpful and very quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.