Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
C'mon, dish the dirt. Which Cardiff charity shop has games like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So, for £6 each, should I go back and buy:

Battle of the Little Big Horn
Railroader
Kingmaker

Game of Nations

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but over here, Railroader is something of a grail for some rail gamers, going for $40 or so on ebay (at least the last time I checked). Unfortunately, I think it is a bit more common over there and may not be worth the trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wright
United Kingdom
Stockton-on-tees
Teesside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
In the end I had a great 'Dark Tower' conversation with one of the staff ('You know that can go for hundereds of pounds on eBay?' I said. She was stunned!) but unfortunately she asked me out on a D&D-based date, I rolled all 1's for willpower, and fled. blush

What is a D&D based date?
Are you going to make saving throws against your charisma and then constitution?

With females very under represented in the gaming community your chance to draw in a new fan and subsequent failure can only be held against you.
Is there a geek micro badge we could use?shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dawn
United States
Monroe
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so biased that my opinon might not count! I could never leave a Kingmaker unloved. Over here, I would say snap up the Kingmaker right away, but where you are located the demand may not be as high.

On the shop pricing up because they know they have a likely buyer, well that is capitalism and it is the only way to go. But sometimes the shops go crazy. I was at a Valuworld yesterday (no games worth purchasing) and had picked up two shirts, one without a price. Now they have a big sign that says "Unpriced items must be re-priced." The cashier noted the sign and asked if I was willing to wait for it to be re-priced. She said it would be about 5 minutes so I said ok. The already priced shirt was only $3.10. It is true that the other shirt appeared to be new, but I was still shocked when she came back and said $12.99! I told her no thanks and returned the item to where I got it. (I hate it when people just leave things where they decide not to buy it rather than returning it to where they got it.) So, yes, a shop can raise its price because they know you have an interest, but you can always say "No, thank you". If no one is willing to pay the higher price it will probably come down.

Long Live Kingmaker!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingmaker (any edition) usually goes for over £20 on e-bay. As ever, you just need get lucky with the timing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.