Subject: Scoring Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hofer
United States
Fond du Lac
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Hello. My parents and I just finished playing a game of 7 Wonders (their first time, my third time). As it relates to the Wonder boards, does the resource displayed in the upper left corner count as a "card"? Meaning...at the end of the game, does it count as a "card" when calculating points? For instance, if you had the purple Guild card, "Workers Guild" (which allows you to get 1 Victory Point for every brown card from your neighbors to your left and to your right), and a neighbor had the "Babylon" Wonder board which produces one clay brick (brown background), would you count that clay brick from the Wonder board as a "card" in addition to any other brown cards your neighbor had in front of him/her...or do you only count the cards and not the clay brick resource on his/her Wonder board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanya
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but my feeling is no, they're not counted. It's not a 'card', and cards are what are symbolised in, for example, the guild bonuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Quoting the rules:

Workers Guild : 1 victory point for each brown card present in the neighboring cities.

The symbol on your Wonder board does not count as it is on a board, not on a card. So your suspicion is correct, count only the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Ducharme

Quebec
msg tools
It's the very last line of the rulebook: 'Clarification: Ressources produced by boards are NOT considered as cards'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.