Subject: How do I get rid of Long Lasting Effects Cards (blue cards)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Bang [+] [View All]
john m
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an opponent lays down say a Mustang or Remington, how can I get that from him? I saw one card that allowed a random draw or I could choose one that was in front of him, but other than that I saw nothing that could ever take away the blue rimmed cards from him.

Also, on that card that allows the random take away or choosing one the opponent has in play, when it says a random card can be taken, what does that mean? Does that mean they player getting taken away from holds up his hand and I (who played the card) choose one or does the person who is getting took from pick what card they want to have taken away?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keck
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyLikesGames wrote:
If an opponent lays down say a Mustang or Remington, how can I get that from him? I saw one card that allowed a random draw or I could choose one that was in front of him, but other than that I saw nothing that could ever take away the blue rimmed cards from him.

Also, on that card that allows the random take away or choosing one the opponent has in play, when it says a random card can be taken, what does that mean? Does that mean they player getting taken away from holds up his hand and I (who played the card) choose one or does the person who is getting took from pick what card they want to have taken away?

Thanks.

There are a few cards that can get rid of blues. Some that steal (like Panic, I believe) and some that discard (like Cat Balou).

If you choose to use this on a random card from the hand (as opposed to a laid down card, where you just choose which one you want), the opponent holds up his hand and you choose at random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: How do I get rid of Long Lasting Effects Cards (blue car
"Panic" will allow you to take a random card from your opponent's hand OR a card he has in play in front of him (thus getting the gun into your hand). However, be aware that the Panic card has a range of -1- so it will only generally work on players that are next to you.

"Cat Balou" lets you discard either a random card from ANY (no range requirement) player's hand OR from in front of them.

In both cases, the player holds up his cards and you pick one to remove from his hand. (Note that you cannot take from hand AND what's in play; only one or the other.)

Panic is useful to get cards from others so you can have and play them. Cat Balou lets you get rid of cards in play so no one else can have them. (It's also the way to get the Dynamite off the table).

There is, of course, one more way to remvoe blue cards from a player: kill them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Dodge City" expansion adds some more cards that allow to steal/discard cards, basically variations of "Panic" and "Cat Balou".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keck
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
However, be aware that the Panic card has a range of -1- so it will only generally work on players that are next to you.

This is a good point. Be very careful not to let somebody use a Panic on you when they really couldn't legally do so. It happens all the time.

Edit: Most common case, they use it to take away your Mustang. They can't reach you to take that Mustang away unless they have the Apaloosa or something themself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.