Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
1- If a faded city outbreaks into a vaccinated city does the vaccinated city get a cube of the appropriate color since it cannot get faded figures or does it get nothing?

2- If it does not get a disease cube in the above situation and a faded city is surrounded by vaccinated cities and outbreaks would you still move up on the outbreak track (since it would not technically be "outbreaking" into any surrounding city - similar to a roadblock situation)?

3- Since the normal disease cubes come out once a city becomes vaccinated I assume that if the cube color matches coda, even if it is vaccinated, since there is still no known cure for coda (despite discovery of the vaccine for the faded) players still cannot cure coda with 5 cards or treat it as an action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing the following way until any further clarity on the rules:

1- yes, use cubes on surrounding cities.
2- yes, move outbreak marker up.
3- CODA cannot be cured so we play accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1- Yes , add cubes instead
2- I think it moves
3- No treatment or cures still since the sticker for codA hasn't changed yet.

The rules could use some clarifications on these situations though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya I agree. I think situation 1 is the most unclear and I see it both ways - it also seems anti-thematic to have faded regress to cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina McDuffie
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Visit TheGlassMeeple.com for game reviews and run-throughs by me.
badge
She who laughs... lasts!
mbmbmbmbmb
jgunnz wrote:
1- If a faded city outbreaks into a vaccinated city does the vaccinated city get a cube of the appropriate color since it cannot get faded figures or does it get nothing?

2- If it does not get a disease cube in the above situation and a faded city is surrounded by vaccinated cities and outbreaks would you still move up on the outbreak track (since it would not technically be "outbreaking" into any surrounding city - similar to a roadblock situation)?

3- Since the normal disease cubes come out once a city becomes vaccinated I assume that if the cube color matches coda, even if it is vaccinated, since there is still no known cure for coda (despite discovery of the vaccine for the faded) players still cannot cure coda with 5 cards or treat it as an action?

1. I would say no, if the vaccinated city was a faded city before it was vaccinated; yes if it wasn't a faded city before it was vaccinated.

Rule T, page 12 says:
Faded figures are never placed into vaccinated cities. (Cubes from other diseases are placed normally.)

Note "other diseases". Whatever your C0dA color was originally (in our game yellow), that color cube won't come back, neither will the faded figures in a vaccinated city. The other colors, however, will, unless they've been eradicated that game.

3. I disagree that after vaccinating a faded city, it would revert to receiving disease cubes of the color that became C0dA. The virus became C0dA and turned people into faded. I don't think the vaccine makes it mutate into another virus. C0dAis till untreatable except by vaccine and still incurable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why 1 would place normal cubes. Normally when a black city outbreaks into a red city, you'd put black cubes there. I see it as the same here, you would place faded there, but you don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#2. I believe the answer is "No", but I'd love an official ruling. Here's the rule in question:

> "If a city is completely roadblocked off, do not mark an outbreak on the outbreak track when it outbreaks since none of the adjacent cities are affected."

This underlined part (emphasis added) implies a general rule:

> "The outbreak track only gets increased when an outbreak affects at least one adjacent city."

If every connection out of a city is surrounded by roadblocks and/or vaccinated cities and it has an outbreak of faded figures, then none of the adjacent cities would be affected: nothing can outbreak over a roadblock, and faded figures are never placed into vaccinated cities.

#2. See the next comment. The answer is "Yes", and there is an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Boyen
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgunnz wrote:

1- if a faded city outbreaks, you try to place faded figures in adjacent areas. Since you can't place a faded figure in a vaccinated city, nothing is placed there.

2- The outbreak still occurs, and the track is increased. This was answered by Matt Leacock in the infrequently asked questions article in the 2nd September question.

3-You never place cubes anymore of the coda color from the moment they are introduced. Any city from the coda color, as well as all other faded cities will spawn faded figures, and nothing if they are vacinated. If you vacinate a non-faded city of a color different from the coda color, cubes of that color are still introduced normally
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Kris, Thanks for clarifying #2 and providing the link!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.