Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tina T
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So when my opponent and I place mission cards on the playing area, we are always a bit unsure who may go first in placing them.
The rules only say that both select their mission simultaneously and the start player (nut holder) may wait to see which and how many units their opponent assigns to their mission before they have to decide that.

But when I place my mission token/card near the center thingy, my opponent has fewer possible places to put theirs, and is forced to maybe put it in a less desirable one (let's say they wanted to put it between the center thingy and my mission card, but I put it so close to the center that now there's no room for that). I think turn order or something should take care of any placement conflicts, but the rules are silent on that. So who goes first placing theirs?
Or is this a non-issue in actual play because the players have no interest in placing their missions anywhere close to their opponent's? I still think the rules could address that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If placing them simultaneously creates a problem, just place them in initiative order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very rare that two opponents would want to place close to each other. However, going by the simultaneous thing, it would be whoever gets there first.

As for seeing what your opponent actually committed to the mission, we just do that separately after we've placed the mission down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
mbmbmbmbmb
We just did this in initiative order. We did the same for the placing of miniatures on the mission card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Right, in the case of assigning figures to missions it starts with the player to the left of the one who has initiative, so the First player has a benefit of seeing which figures the other players assign.

KAM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you choose not to go on a mission, does your opponent get to make a decision not to go on a mission after that or do you decide not to go at the same time as selection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Breuch
Germany
Kettig
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mission selection (and not selecting any mission) is simultaneous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.