Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked a question in the Boba Fett area, but I wanted to make sure it is seen.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1433461/cargo-movement-preda...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why didn't you just post it here then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In looking this mission over, it seems pretty straightforward for the Imperials. As long as the cargo is moved 2 spaces each time (and maybe 3 once, it should be a win, right? Maybe (probably) I am missing something. The rebels can slow the cargo down by one if one of them is healthy and within 3 space of it. Is there any other way for the rebels to slow the cargo down?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played this, just skimmed through, but I think it will be a struggle for both sides at any 3+ threat level.
The extraction point (tile 18A) is 15 spaces from the start position of the cargo. 2 spaces per round is nowhere near enough.

If I read the mission correctly, if the IP does not use threat, it takes a minimum of 5 rounds to get the cargo to the extraction point by moving it by 3 spaces per round. The mission ends in 6 rounds, so there is very little buffer if heroes slow down the cargo to just 2 spaces by being close enough. The IP is forced to spend threat to keep the cargo moving.

As I see it, it would be the rebel priority to take down the terminals to avoid extra movement, then double-attack each round, or Rest, whatever keeps them in the game.

Whatever the rebels do, the IP may need to change their strategy mid-way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we played through this mission. As the Imperial, it went fairly easily. Even though the rebels winning the battles (even taking out Boba). I was able to get a probe droid next to the cargo, so between that and spending threat each turn, I got it to the end with some time to spare.

The rebels just couldn't slow me down. Perhaps that's the advantage of it being a mission from the agenda deck. Also, threat level was at 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Mescam
France
flag msg tools
a1bert wrote:
The extraction point (tile 18A) is 15 spaces from the start position of the cargo. 2 spaces per round is nowhere near enough.

In the french version on the scenario, if I count correctly, there are only 11 spaces between the start (located 2 spaces above the starting point of the figs) and the end (tile 18a at the far left). If you can go between the 2 reds squares (crashed ship) in diagonal, and between the red square (tree) and the empty square, it seems pretty easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're sort of right. Figures cannot move through corners where any combination of wall, door, blocking or impassible terrain meet, but the cargo is not a figure, so it can move through and into blocking and impassible terrain.
RRG, Movement wrote:
· Figures can move diagonally along the corner of any
individual wall, blocking terrain, or impassible terrain, but a
figure cannot move through the diagonal intersection of any
combination of wall, blocking terrain, or impassible terrain
(see "Appendix II - Movement Examples" on page 27).

Edit: note though that "move 1 space" uses adjacency / counting spaces, which cannot go through blocking terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Dawson
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry fot the necro post

We ruled that the cargo can't cross through the walls.
11 steps are an automatic Empire victory because:
- Empire will always has at least 2 threat to spend (even if he spends everything on deployments (thanks to terminals).
- Cargo moves at the beginning of Status phase => 6 rounds to move
- 2 steps per turn => 12 steps.

No way for Rebels to avoid that.

Not allowing that weird movement through walls (so that Empire will need 15 or 16 steps at least) will force Empire player to use his figures to have cargo moving 3 steps at least 3 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the intent of the rules is to prevent figures from moving through walls and doors but allow that to objects. I think adjacency rules will prevent that. You can't move an object through a wall or door, because moving by one space needs to happen into an adjacent space.

(In my previous post I did not say objects could move through walls or doors, just into and through impassable and blocking terrain.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.