Subject: Somewhat ridiculous Stretch Goal calculation. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay.
So we just hit the 570k Stretch Goal, and now have another Stretch Goal announced for the 605k mark - the Nyarlathotep Neutral GOO stuff. That left me wondering how we will fare with the following steps, or stretch goals, what is to come, etc.

If we reach the 605k mark (when, actually, not if), the KS includes 2 coloured Gates, 3 Glow-in-the-Dark GOOs (well, if you preregistered, or get the add-on) and 2 Archive materials (the neutral GOO stuff).

That leaves us with:
- 6 more gates (green, yellow, orange, white, pink and Tcho-Tcho)
- 7 more GOOs (Hastur + King in Yellow, Ithaqua + Rhan-Tegoth, Tsathoggua, Y-Golonac and Ubbo-Sathla)
- 8 neutral GOO Archive materials (for the 7 mentioned GOOs plus Ctulhu)
...in total, 21 Stretch Goals, or at least 17, if factions with 2 GOOs are grouped together, as figurines as well as the Archive Material.

At the current "rate" of 35k per Stretch Goal, with 17 such Stretch Goals (the minimum), that amounts to 595k, and we reach a total of 1200k.

That is quite a high number, already. And while I wonder how high the funding will reach, and how much money we will collect, somehow this number is up there, at the top, and while I would love for the project to gather more money (in fact, I wish it for Petersen Games), I somehow doubt it will get that much higher than 1200k.

But then, what about different SGs? To mix things up, keep things interesting? And then again, what if that would mean we could only play some of the faction GOOs as neutral GOOs? I'd hate to miss out on that one, too.

There is not a real point to my rambling, here. I just wanted to share my thoughts on the development of the SGs, and maybe somehow also the fear that we might not be seeing different figures for the Tcho-Tcho...
...but feel free to chyme in. Maybe to set my head straight, or to state anything else you think should be said...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We can not be sure if they will include the "minor" GOOs as glow in the darks. They may just pick the 8 main ones and that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Saricov
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
@OP, all of the factions GOO will be playable as an independent GOO, The rules will be delivered to us via PDF download. The SG are simply putting these rules on a punch board with the accompanied spellbook.

I'm little disappointed of the SG myself, after a slew of cool upgrades, we are for the long trudge of colored gate+ glowies+ card board for the foreseeable future.

On the other hand, these stretch goals are pretty easy to make for PG, and should not create delays, becouse the molds are already there and everything is ready for production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Merlo
Ecuador
Quito
Pichincha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm hoping we get a break from glowies after the 4 original factions, because I really really want to see those Tcho Tchos have their own sculpts. I was thrilled with all the dice upgrades and the new rules. And by this I don't mean I don't like the new independent GitD GOOs, it's just that it's a long road ahead of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have faith that the stretch goal items and funding distances between them will be managed through the next few days of the campaign. We're not even 20% in to the funding period. As difficult as it is for me to consider as I myself had been counting down the days until October 19th, some gamers are just now still learning about the existence of the campaign in the first place.

I think some of the most eagerly awaited stretch goals, including the new two player variant, will be dropped at a critical time mid-campaign and spike enthusiasm. You and I might be impatient because we've been following everything so closely up to this point but in a broader sense it's still very early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See, THAT's what I was talking about. Thanks, Brother - you are always reliable to provide a more down-to-earth view than I can muster!

Although I have to say I would also be disappointed if we didn't get the King in Yellow as a Glowie (my personal favorite creature, of course - just look at my avatar). And I would also be pretty bummed if we didn't get all the neutral spellbooks and identity cards as cewl gaming material.

So I am torn.
On the one hand, I don't want them to stop with the Gate/Glowie/Archives triplets, but then again, it is a little repetitive...

Ah, well, let us hope that we reach 2000k - I'm sure all our dreams will come true then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
See, THAT's what I was talking about. Thanks, Brother - you are always reliable to provide a more down-to-earth view than I can muster!

Although I have to say I would also be disappointed if we didn't get the King in Yellow as a Glowie (my personal favorite creature, of course - just look at my avatar). And I would also be pretty bummed if we didn't get all the neutral spellbooks and identity cards as cewl gaming material.

So I am torn.
On the one hand, I don't want them to stop with the Gate/Glowie/Archives triplets, but then again, it is a little repetitive...

Ah, well, let us hope that we reach 2000k - I'm sure all our dreams will come true then!

Dumon, you are often so humble. I am impatient, too! I am talking to myself as much as I am talking to you!

I actually have my own secret hope list for stretch goals in addition to the reworked two player variant, but so far I am succeeding in suppressing my desire to voice them. Feeling badly for a recovering Arthur and Sandy and their responsibilities of managing dozens of different threads and KS comment sections has earned them my sympathy and won out instead!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
juggernaut1 wrote:
I'm little disappointed of the SG myself, after a slew of cool upgrades, we are for the long trudge of colored gate+ glowies+ card board for the foreseeable future.

Agreed. The first one, glow in the dark Cthulhu, was a cool idea. But I really have no idea what I'm going to do with a whole bunch of glows GOOs and would much rather have something I can actually use in the game. I'm still hoping that there will be some sort of special rule for alternate colored gates too.

I get that these are easy goals since they don't require new sculpts or rules development (just different colored plastic), but I hope we get some more impactful stretch goals soon as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:

Dumon, you are often so humble.

Hahahaaaa. You should read the opinions of others on that aspect. I say what I think/feel, and quite often say things others dare only think. Not in these fora - somehow, I rarely need to - but in others that tackle things close to my heart. And, well, quite often I also (or only) voice what pisses me off. And just today I have been told by a good friend that quite a lot of people don't like me, based on my postings...

So I'd say I am complicated, and probably tricky to get along with, but humble I usually ain't...

Brother Jim wrote:

I actually have my own secret hope list for stretch goals in addition to the reworked two player variant, but so far I am succeeding in suppressing my desire to voice them. Feeling badly for a recovering Arthur and Sandy and their responsibilities of managing dozens of different threads and KS comment sections has earned them my sympathy and won out instead!

See, that is another thing. Here I go rumbling about Stretch Goals and whatnot, when the whole Petersen bunch is sick or just recovering. And they are such great people! I was fortunate enough to get to know Arthur and Mrs. Petersen at Essen, just a few days ago, and admired Sandy (hero of my Cthulhu-ridden nightmares for centuries) from afar (well, from two steps away)...
...and was even offered a spot in a 5-player game at the Fair, which I declined due to limited experience (and now kick myself for not simply having gone for it, even so)...

I think it's because there is noone around here to excitedly talk about the KS, and the opportunities, the doubts, hopes, expectations, etc., that I write such more or less nonsensical, ridiculous stuff, here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel N
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Priority should be archives and colored gates,there's no point in adding more Glow in the Dark GOOs when we are not sure if they will be achievable.. I would say unlock gates and archives first, then whatever else you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
gns000 wrote:
Priority should be archives and colored gates,there's no point in adding more Glow in the Dark GOOs when we are not sure if they will be achievable.. I would say unlock gates and archives first, then whatever else you want.
This. It would be cool to have GLOOs for the four main factions, but I'm not super amped for getting them in the expansion factions. Instead, I'd love to see the gates and physical archives for the additional factions be included.

And, here's an idea for the Petersenclan: wrap all the gates and all the archives into a new SKU box, and post campaign sell it as a product. Call it a 'Mercenary/Non-Faction Great Old One Pack' or something. It's a really cool idea, and I think it'd make a great addition to the CW lineup, especially if you can think of some neat things to do with the gates.

Speaking of neat things to do with the gates: at the start of the game, everybody gives their colored gate to the player on their left/right, and then everybody starts on top of someone else's colored gate. During play, if you manage to control your colored gate, it gives you an extra doom point during the doom phase.

E.g., in a core 4 player game, with 'standard' seating and passing the gates left, Yellow Sign starts on the green gate, Crawling Chaos starts on the yellow gate, Black Goat starts on the blue gate, and Great Cthulhu starts on the red gate. If any of those factions can manage to claim their own gate, it gives them additional doom points during doom phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R. Nielsen-Doss
United States
Hudson Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
Dumon wrote:

So I am torn.

Dumon, you are often so humble. I am impatient, too! I am talking to myself as much as I am talking to you!

I am in the same boat my friend. If I had serious issues, I would voice them via message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Khift wrote:
It would be cool to have GLOOs for the four main factions, but I'm not super amped for getting them in the expansion factions. Instead, I'd love to see the gates and physical archives for the additional factions be included.

I'm amped. goo

By including sculpts outside the base game box, new pledgers on the fence to pledge $150 will have an incentive to pledge for additional content (ie. more independent GOOs). Considering the alternative is to pledge $50 for an expansion when you haven't even played game yet... that's a lot to ask from a new pledger, particularly given the complaints at the cost of this game. After receiving the base game and playing a few games, they can pick up the full expansion later at retail -- and have a glowing variant as a "Collector's Figure".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I admit we are not planning glows for the independent GOOs. That should shorten the stretch goals a bit. we have other ideas up our sleeve.

I guess if you want a glow Ghatanothoa, you'll need to paint it with GITD paint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote for calling them "NGOOs" - Nuclear Great Old Ones...
cool

And while I was not counting on GitD indie GOOs, it is fantastic to hear that you have more "other ideas" up your sleeve. Oh boy, oh boy, it's like christmas, only weeks before christmas...
*big childlike eyes*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TCHO-TCHO-CULTISTS!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!

To be honest, after that Stretch Goal, I'll have gotten near everything I asked for.

Okay, an individual High-Priest would be icing on the cake. And brain jars would be the absolute cherry on top, but other than that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.