Popular Tags: [View All]
XSeb74 XSeb74
France
Sillingy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I tried to upload wallpapers of celectia in different size for different screen resolution tagging this information for admins.

I imagined 2 results :
- only the biggest could be uploaded
- all would be accepted

but i'm a little bit disturbed by the result.
The smallest have been accepted and some other have been accepted and not the others.

Admins : Could you please explain me how it has been chosen in order not to disturb you anymore with this kind of error.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
If you mean uploading images to a game gallery, those decisions are made by geekmod (random volunteering users), not admins, and there is no guaranteed consistency or logic to the decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just took a look at the wallpaper, some cool shots! I noticed two of the files are the same - if you have multiple sizes of the same wallpaper, they will be declined. Also, the wallpaper is watermarked, which can also lead to a declined image.

It might be best to upload a composite shot of all the available wallpapers, and then in the description link to a geek file which contains all of the images, or link to an off BGG website where the wallpaper can be found.

(side note, I'm not sure what BGG's policy is regarding wallpaper.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XSeb74 wrote:
Hi

I tried to upload wallpapers of celectia in different size for different screen resolution tagging this information for admins.

I imagined 2 results :
- only the biggest could be uploaded
- all would be accepted

but i'm a little bit disturbed by the result.
The smallest have been accepted and some other have been accepted and not the others.

Admins : Could you please explain me how it has been chosen in order not to disturb you anymore with this kind of error.

thanks

Which order did you upload them in? If the smallest was first, then it could be that that was approved and then a lot of people decided that the later versions were too similar, even if a higher resolution.

If doing this again it probably makes more sense to upload the highest resolution first. I don't personally think the galleries need to have multiple copies of the same image at different resolutions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
XSeb74 XSeb74
France
Sillingy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
the problem is that not only the size change, the ratio is not the same...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could collect them in a zip file and upload to the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
XSeb74 wrote:
the problem is that not only the size change, the ratio is not the same...

The image gallery is designed for users to see interesting, cool, and unique images about a game. Having lots of duplicates of one image degrades the gallery by making more interesting images harder to get to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you decide to resubmit the artwork, without the publisher's logo, submit one image to the game's gallery. If you have other versions, like with a different ratio, you can put them in your user gallery and display them in a comment beneath the corresponding image, so that people can see them all together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
XSeb74 XSeb74
France
Sillingy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
OK fixed everything has been removed. The policy of BGG does not allow me ti publish artworks with the BLAM logo, so Sorry BGG Users you will have to get to our website to get wallpapers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.