7 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Pre-constructed guilds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sozin sky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm starting a campaign tonight with 3 relatively-new-to-boardgaming players.

Rather than do draft mode, I thought I'd just pre-build some thematic/synergistic guilds and let the players select which guilds sounded like them most fun to them.

After reading this thread, I avoided Seth, Heartless, Prince Aaron, and built the following four guilds.

I'd love some of your thoughts on good pre-constructed guilds, or feedback on the ones I've constructed below. I've tried to keep things balanced (each guild has one 5 health character, each guild has a ranged attack character).

Monster Guild: Nibbles, Hassan, Bowie
Classic Guild: Greensleeves, Grom, Zahra
Monster Hunting Guild: Sting, Wisp, Johan
Ladies Night Guild: Diva, Monkey Queen, Scarlet (Monkey Queen having the ranged ability by copying others).

Thank you in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Johnson
United States
Carrboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've stopped play with Wisp. A bunch of the scenarios have quests that are really, really easy to complete if you can just run by the monsters. Everyone was pretty annoyed and the next campaign we dropped Wisp and Spike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sozin sky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's great feedback, thank you! I'll probably swap in Viktor, who definitely fits the Monster Hunter Guild Theme better.

BTW, I have the full original Kickstarter and all subsequent character releases.

Any thoughts on an alternative to Scarlet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sozin wrote:
that's great feedback, thank you! I'll probably swap in Viktor, who definitely fits the Monster Hunter Guild Theme better.

BTW, I have the full original Kickstarter and all subsequent character releases.

Any thoughts on an alternative to Scarlet?

I've always been rather fond of Maya and she fits your theme for that last one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sozin sky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated guilds:

Monster Guild: Nibbles, Elysia, Bowie
Classic Guild: Greensleeves, Grom, Morgan
Monster Hunting Guild: Sting, Wisp, Johan
Ladies Night Guild: Diva, Monkey Queen, Maya (Monkey Queen having the ranged ability by copying others).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
When I taught this game, I just copied the sample campaign sheet shown in the rulebook. It has a layout of the base 12 characters divided into guilds with starting equipment already chosen.

This worked well for me.

I find most people's impression of certain characters being problematic are the result of groupthink. I would use the base 12 characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sozin sky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first session went great! I went with the guilds described above, but swapping out Morgan for Zhara. Everyone absolutely loved it - the quality of the minis, the PvP, monster killing, the tactics, the great bits -- lots of laughter, edge-of-the-seat dice rolling, and good cheer all around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.