United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm just now experiencing a rules question that I somehow haven't encountered yet despite 30+ sessions. If you have multiple weapons equipped, and you are performing an attack, do you receive the benefits of the weapons you have equipped but are not currently attacking with?

To be clear, I'm not talking about multiple copies of the same weapon, in which case the text on the second+ copy are blanked out. I'm talking about different weapons.

For the sake of specificity, I have a Dragon Slayer attacked to the left side of Lantern Greaves and I'm using a Bone Axe on the right side just to complete the other red affinity. If I'm attacking with the Dragon Slayer, are Frail and Savage from the Axe still active? That is, a) if I crit with the Dragon Slayer, do I deal an extra wound, and b) if I hit a super-dense location with the Dragon Slayer, is the Bone Axe archived as well (both weapons are Frail, which reads as "THIS weapon")?

If it were a spare Scrap Dagger, would I gain its perfect hit bonus?

If it were a spare Lantern Dagger, would I gain the benefit of Sharp and the penalty of Early Iron?

I assume the answer to all of these questions is yes - that as all of these things are simultaneously equipped, that they're all simultaneously active, all cumulatively adding together toward a full representation of your character. That even if you are not actively attacking with one weapon, just having it on your person (and, mechanically, eating up a grid space) makes you more of a threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So since everyone has Fist & Tooth equipped, then everyone always has deadly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike H
msg tools
If you swing one weapon only you only get that weapons benefit/negatives.

Page 46 on Weapon Gear point 8. Special rules and abilities of this weapon. Unless otherwise noted, these rules only apply when that weapon is activated,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
So since everyone has Fist & Tooth equipped, then everyone always has deadly?

I wouldn't say that F&T is really equipped. Would be nice for Ambidexterity though. ;)

CowardlyHero wrote:
If you swing one weapon only you only get that weapons benefit/negatives.

Page 46 on Weapon Gear point 8. Special rules and abilities of this weapon. Unless otherwise noted, these rules only apply when that weapon is activated,

Cool, thanks. I read the previous page, but didn't think to look there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boehm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
If the famous "Brienne vs. The Hound" fight is any guide, then yes, Fist & Tooth is always equipped in a fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.