Subject: Frigga's Succor and Troll on an almost full province. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeshua Siplak
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
So we had a timing question on a game recently, my friend had both Frigga's Succor (invade with a warrior for free when invading with any figure) and the Troll (destroy some enemy figures when invading, I forget exacts) where I occupied 3 out of 4 of the available spaces with figures already. If he invades with the Troll, would he destroy at least one figure first, allowing him to come in with an additional Warrior via Frigga's Succor?

Basically can he get two figures with Frigga's Succor and a Troll/Fire Giant invading a province with only one open space?

Thanks! I couldn't find the answer elsewhere so point me in the rightdirection if it's answered already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Hat and Watch wrote:
So we had a timing question on a game recently, my friend had both Frigga's Succor (invade with a warrior for free when invading with any figure) and the Troll (destroy some enemy figures when invading, I forget exacts) where I occupied 3 out of 4 of the available spaces with figures already. If he invades with the Troll, would he destroy at least one figure first, allowing him to come in with an additional Warrior via Frigga's Succor?

Basically can he get two figures with Frigga's Succor and a Troll/Fire Giant invading a province with only one open space?

Thanks! I couldn't find the answer elsewhere so point me in the rightdirection if it's answered already.

Hm. Also a difficult one.

I would say he was right. He fist invades with the troll, which causes your warriors to be destroyed. Once he has invaded, Frigga's Succor comes into effect and he may place an additional warrior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Thornton
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're wrong and you should feel bad. This game is broken. (disclaimer to other BGG users, I was in the game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since both of these actions take place at the same time "when you invade", the active player can then decide the order in which they happen. So it's possible for the Troll/Fire Giant to clear a Village for the extra Warrior to invade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.