tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tau could be very interesting. First off they do not believe in fortification. Their combat doctrine is retreat, retreat, retreat, etc. Until they lure the enemy then they hit them hard and break their army.

I would like to see a grand strategy type feel.

Since they are about retreating and ambushes. I would like to see them have the ability to activate a movement order before the start of a battle in the same sector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They could add mini-factions. But the problem is the factions that they have, already contain the flavor of any sub-faction they could print.

I just do not think they would be super different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalek5 wrote:
They could add mini-factions. But the problem is the factions that they have, already contain the flavor of any sub-faction they could print.

I wouldn't worry about FFG's ability to inject theme into a faction
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalek5 wrote:

Super different? No. But the Space Wolves would definitely have a very different play-style than Smurfs / Ultramarines (with Combat Cards that focus on the excessive strength of their Space Marines rather than Armored Vehicles). It works exceptionally well given all SM chapters are using the same basic gear.

Ditto with say, Night Lords instead of the (poorly themed) World Eaters -- more focus on mobility and retreat like Eldar rather than whatever the World Eaters do now...

So yeah, a simple change for the cost of plastic units, and a new deck of combat cards would keep things very fresh and inexpensive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still I rather get new factions before they start adding different chapters/warbands. But you guys are right FFG is able to sell just about any type of expansion. Big, medium and tiny.

I know this warhammer and they have 50 flavors of space marines and everyone have their favorite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:
There could be a smaller expansion first with new subfactions of factions in the base game. I think they designed it in this way so that you can use the same set of mini's for different subfactions, though I may be wrong because I'm not all that knowledgeable about the universe.

However, if they have, it's a brilliant way to mix up game play with smaller non-mini expansions too...

The only issue with this is the units that have flags (scouts, space marines, wraithguard etc) have their factions symbol on them. Some people won't like playing blood angels with ultramarines banners. That's why I was surprised that used those figures for basic troops. Using ground troop figures similar to Horus Heresy would have been the way to go IMO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that is because Games Workshop does not want FFG to make models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mustafa Tolga CORAPCI
Belgium
flag msg tools
I expect Tau and Tyranids in the next expansion because normally you have one good guys and one bad guys. Additionally Tyranids are always interesting in their Hive Mind differnetiation from other factions and Tau are Techo-bodies with armours that we all love. However the Galaxy may not be ready for Tyranids which will not have any use for structures but instead increase their command level by destroying cities (rather than building) and destroying Bastions and Factories to possess extra material. So the next baddies may well be Necrons.

Another expectation is that they give us sub-factions for existing Factions: White Scars - Thousand Sons - Biel Tan - Goffs. In practice all Faction cards may change with one specific mini to replace one combat units. (For instance expansion may replace Ultra Marine Land Raiders with White Scars bikers. Lots of sorcery with Thousand Sons...)

Oh 40K universe is so rich I am sure FFG will give us many goodies with this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyranids could build hive "nodes" to increase their command level. They are just a structure only usable by Tyranids. Seeing as though Tyranids wouldn't be able to capture enemy cities you could boost the nodes by saying they are a city AND a bastion (or factory). Or would that make them too powerful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dr wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see tau and necrons. And perhaps main characters for each faction such as ork ghazghkull thraka etc with some special abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mei
msg tools
Please!!!

Tyranids and Necrons!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that in-house there doesn't seem to be much hope for an expansion, if the words of this previous employee are true: http://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/4jwseb/game_of_t...

Sigh It's too great a design to just get anandoned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.