Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Mysterium: Promo Cards» Forums » General

Subject: Are the promo cards available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up Mysterium from CSI, and I'm looking forward to playing it. Noticed these promo cards linked on the main game page.

Are these going to be made available in the future or have I missed the boat?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dámaso Damasco
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Here in Spain if you buy now the game, some shops give you this "Promo cards"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
I just picked up Mysterium from CSI, and I'm looking forward to playing it. Noticed these promo cards linked on the main game page.

Are these going to be made available in the future or have I missed the boat?

I preordered it from CSI and didn't receive the promos, so I don't think it was a pre-order thing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink...
Avatar
mb
They're in the BGG store now!

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/mysterium-promo-cards

Get 'em while they're still available!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:
They're in the BGG store now!

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/mysterium-promo-cards

Get 'em while they're still available!

Just coming here to post the same thing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Got 'em this morning!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Are there different issues of these promo cards? It appears the Ouija board image is different with different colors between the various images posted here.

Also, why are the cards numbered? Isn't the idea that they can be mixed in with the main game cards? Won't the numbering on the backs affect the game if you see the promo numbers? You will know what the cards are just by seeing the promo markings. Are the promo cards for the Ukrainian/Italian/Polish version numbered like that also? Just curious how that will affect the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tan
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
Selangor D.E
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The promo backs are the same as the other cards except for the promo numbers.

The numbers do not affect the gameplay because as you put a set of psychic cards (brown backs) on the table you'll also take a set of corresponding numbered ghost card (blue backs). Then secretly behind a screen you'll pick some ghost cards and slot them into the corresponding spaces. So the numbers would not be seen by the players at all and even if they do, they wouldn't know which player that suspect is attached to.

If anything the special numbering makes it easier to seperate the promo from the base game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rilos wrote:
Are there different issues of these promo cards? It appears the Ouija board image is different with different colors between the various images posted here.

Also, why are the cards numbered? Isn't the idea that they can be mixed in with the main game cards? Won't the numbering on the backs affect the game if you see the promo numbers? You will know what the cards are just by seeing the promo markings. Are the promo cards for the Ukrainian/Italian/Polish version numbered like that also? Just curious how that will affect the game.


The cards for the base game are also numbered. Character 1-18, Location 18-36, and Item 37-54. The promo cards are numbered character P1, location P2, item P3.

You pick the brown cards at random. Shuffle and deal out how many you need for each of character, location, and item.

Then you use the numbers on the backs of the brown cards to find the corresponding blue cards for the ghost.

The ghost then shuffles these cards and deals them into the ghost screen for each of character, location, and item.

You shouldn't be picking based on card number or card face.

Once the brown cards are dealt, you turn them over so everyone can see them. So knowing the card number makes no difference.

Once the blue cards are dealt, only the ghost sees them but again he sees the fronts so it doesn't matter if he saw the numbers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik von Bothmer
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they are included in the newly released expansion Hidden Signs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Yes they are included.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ack, I just bought the promos from BGG and then the expansion from my FLGS.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mikoni
msg tools
Do you have to order the expansion from someone specific to get these promo cards as an add-on, or are they included in all copies?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.