Popular Tags: [View All]
Favio Ortelli
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello fellow geeks,

I need confirmation regarding the workings of the "No Rest for the Wicked" event card. It reads:

"Play this card when a hero suffers 1 fatigue point to gain an additional movement point. Choose 1 monster to move 1 space immediately after the hero spends that movement point.

Until the start of your turn, you may trigger this ability each time a hero suffers 1 fatigue point to gain an additional movement point."

Now, suppose Leoric decides to gain 3 movement points by spending 3 fatigue points. Assuming heroes cant "bulk spend" fatigue points, that is to say they must spend them individually (need confirmation on this!), the Overlord could play this card after Leoric spends the first fatigue point. He would then choose a monster, for example an Imp. However, according to the card, the Imp cannot move unless Leoric spends that movement point. Can the hero negate the monster's movement by not spending that movement point earned with fatigue?

Secondly, it seems odd that after that first event, the Overlord can now move monsters whenever heroes gain movement (by spending fatigue) rather than waiting for them to spend gained movement points. Also, is it ok to assume the monster will move immediately after?

Lastly, could the Overlord choose different monsters to move each time he triggers the ability?

(Sorry for the long post, this card is damn confusing!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Each movement point gained from fatigue is spent individually, just like movement points gained from move actions or other sources. If a hero were entering a water space (with both movement points coming from fatigue) you could move 2 monsters in that instance (more on that later.) Leoric could negate this effect by never spending those movement points.

2) No. The monster moves when the heroes spend the points, but the monster is selected when the hero suffers it. So, if a hero suffers a fatigue to gain a movement point, you select a monster. When that movement point gets spent, the monster can move 1 space immediately after. If a hero suffers multiple fatigues to gain multiple movement points, you select multiple monsters. When each of those points get spent, you get to move one of the selected monsters. If 2 of the points are spent simultaneously, both monsters would move (since both points are spent.)

3) Yes. The top section of text from "...when a hero suffers 1 fatigue..." to "...spends that movement point..." is the part that you get to repeat. That is, until the start of your turn, anytime a hero suffers a fatigue to gain a MP, you choose a monster. When and if that point gets spent, that monster gets to move 1 space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ferrete
Switzerland
Aarau
Aargau
flag msg tools
Hello! I found a few links that may be helpful

Confirmation on monster movement is cancelled if heroes don't spend Fatigue MP

FFG Sez thread information on card:

Confirmation on moving different monsters

Bonus:
Interaction with 'Fleet of Foot' Wildlander skill

Summary:
If a hero decides not to spend their Fatigue MP, the card has no effect.
It may be used for moving different monsters in a singe round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Favio Ortelli
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Excellent info! I really appreciate the Bonus link Mike, I'll be sure to take advantage of that against the Wildlander tomorrow. Thank you both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
This card is very neat. I really liked to play it and I do not know why but the heroes had quite opposite feelings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.