Matthew Davis
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

Questions about the rules:

1) How does this scenario play out: I attack from the balcony (+2), with a peacemaker (+3), add Taste Hot Lead (+2), add Swingin’ on the Chandelier (+2). Total of 9. The swingin’ says “This Attack may target up to 3 additional players”--- when I attack those other players, what attack points do they receive? The actual primary attack: Balcony (+2) & peace maker (+3) for 5? ..or that and all the attack enhancements,9? ...or just the Swingin’ card value (2)...?

2) Does a counter attack work just like an attack… ie; as a counter attacker, I can use my peacemaker+3, balcony+2, +whatever attack enhancements I have?

3) can I use a card like Swingin' as part of my counter attack? ..and thus extending the counter attack to others?

Thanks,
Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing that I see is +2 from the balcony is only for melee attacks, so you won't get any additional gun attack bonuses though you could use melee attack bonuses (treat the gun as your fist for melee).

Per the rule book, all targets take the full amount of damage from the attack if it is split (page 11).

I'm not sure on points 2 and 3, it's been a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1) How does this scenario play out: I attack from the balcony (+2), with a peacemaker (+3), add Taste Hot Lead (+2), add Swingin’ on the Chandelier (+2). Total of 9. The swingin’ says “This Attack may target up to 3 additional players”--- when I attack those other players, what attack points do they receive? The actual primary attack: Balcony (+2) & peace maker (+3) for 5? ..or that and all the attack enhancements,9? ...or just the Swingin’ card value (2)...?

Each target takes full damage. Splitting attacks is GOOD. However, because Swingin' moves you to No Cover, you do not benefit from the Balcony Bonus. The "Jump" bonus from Balcony applies only to Physical attacks, and thus it doesn't combo with Swingin'.

Quote:
2) Does a counter attack work just like an attack… ie; as a counter attacker, I can use my peacemaker+3, balcony+2, +whatever attack enhancements I have?

Yes. You can play all Enhancement cards and benefit from all board bonuses when you make a Counter Attack, assuming they work with the kind of attack you are playing (melee bonuses for melee, ranged bonuses for ranged).

Quote:
3) can I use a card like Swingin' as part of my counter attack? ..and thus extending the counter attack to others?

Absolutely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Davis
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

Thanks for the quick responses. Looking forward to re-trying the game with this new information.

- Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.