Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The card editor came out earlier this week. I'm curious what characters people have made. How creative are we?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to seeing as well! Link some character threads here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually tweaking the one I sent you earlier. It was good to come back to it with fresh eyes, because I totally had a broken card in there. Once I'm done reviewing, I'm going to post her.

Of course that is going to involve me learning how to actually upload/link something like this on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always been a huge fan of Legend of the Five Rings, so I made a deck for Shiba Tsukimi, the Phoenix Clan Champion. The idea is that she's got special insight because she has the souls of all their clan champions inside of her. Even though she is blind she is still an amazing samurai.

This is still basically my first pass on her.

So, I made a second samurai, Doji Domotai. This is meant to be a duelist style deck. She's trying to wait for her opponent to hesitate and then stike!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corphus
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a custom character, but I've hacked together a solo beat 'em up mode (Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Tekken Force, etc.) and can type up the rules if anyone's interested in taking a look.

It can be played with the components from the three available PnP characters, or for some more flavour you can add 9-pocket card binder pages to create a "scrolling" battlefield (thanks to Thunder Road and Kemble's Cascade for the inspiration!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corphus wrote:
It's not a custom character, but I've hacked together a solo beat 'em up mode (Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Tekken Force, etc.) and can type up the rules if anyone's interested in taking a look.

It can be played with the components from the three available PnP characters, or for some more flavour you can add 9-pocket card binder pages to create a "scrolling" battlefield (thanks to Thunder Road and Kemble's Cascade for the inspiration!).

Please do! Sometimes it's just hard to find people to play boardgames with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this is super cool. I'll have to look up AEG and show them this as proof that there's a demand for this type of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Vansen
msg tools
Where can i access this card editor? me and my girlfriend have been playing reese and alice nonstop! I would love to start making some characters of my own!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
Wow, this is super cool. I'll have to look up AEG and show them this as proof that there's a demand for this type of thing.

Would you be talking to FFG now?

Regardless, I'm a huge fan of Legend of the Five Rings, and I'd totally be interested in a set like that. I'll probably get inspired and do a couple more this week. Then I can start testing them, pretty much for my own benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avansen wrote:
Where can i access this card editor? me and my girlfriend have been playing reese and alice nonstop! I would love to start making some characters of my own!

You can download the template here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/exceed-car...

Cropcircles wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

Would you be talking to FFG now?

Regardless, I'm a huge fan of Legend of the Five Rings, and I'd totally be interested in a set like that. I'll probably get inspired and do a couple more this week. Then I can start testing them, pretty much for my own benefit.

Yeah, last I heard, FFG had the rights for L5R now, since they'll be turning it into an LCG in a few years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Vansen
msg tools
If i wanted to change out the guage png for something else how would I go about doing that? I have a concept for a character where all excess cards they discard go to a unique pile called ammo. To Exceed they need a certain amount of ammo not guage. If I could make it possible to switch between the guage symbol and ammo symbol, just like when you click the ongoing boost symbol.How would I go about doing that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corphus
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
All right, first go at solo beat 'em up rules are up:
Exceed Corps: Save the President, Grab a Cheeseburger

Not sure how balanced they are, but I've been having fun with it as a time-waster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated both characters after some fantastic feedback. I'm still working on a couple others (a crab and a dragon), but I haven't had tons of time for them at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card editor or template on that link seems to be a broken link.

Any other place where I can get the card editor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls