Subject: World Rummikub Championship Rules (differences!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, I've received a copy of the Rummikub rules for "The Official World Rummikub Championship" (WRC 9 Berlin Germany 7-10.11.2015)

Intriguingly it has these rule differences from the standard Pressman rules:

Quote:

The joker can be used to represent any tile. During a turn, a player may retrieve a joker from the table by replacing it with the tile it represents (from his/her rack or from the table), and must use the joker immediately to form a new set (or sets)

A set containing a joker may have tiles added to it, or it can be split apart in the usual manipulative way. If thereby freeing the joker, it must be used in the same turn as a substitute for any number in a new set. At least one tile from the player’s rack must be used on the same turn.

(emphasis mine)

Quote:
Should one get 3 "doubles" (2 of same number and color) before the game starts, he can request a fresh start for all champions sited at his table

(NB for some reason their rules are entered entirely in all caps, so I had to convert them.)

I'll try to upload the file I have but I gather it could take weeks. It does not seem to be online anywhere. The closest version is this one from New Zealand:
http://rummikub.co.nz/PDF/Regulations_Rules.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Chew
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any progress on getting the current world championship rules posted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go

World Rummikub Championship rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.