Tom Key
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

Got a vacation lined up towards the end of January, based in Sarasota. Would love to bring back a couple of games and wondered if any kind and knowledgeable Geeks know of any stores in the area?

Help much appreciated

Thanks
T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure about Sarasota proper, but Cosmic Games (http://www.cosmicgames.net) is located in Bradenton on 5120 Manatee Avenue West (aka Florida SR64) just a stone's throw north of Sarasota. If you are feeling up for a bit of adventure, you can take I-75 north from Sarasota about 45-60 minutes (depending upon the time of day) and visit HobbyTown USA in Brandon at 2464 West Brandon Boulevard (aka Florida SR60) in the Regency Plaza shopping center. Come on a Wednesday night between 6PM and closing time or on the second Saturday of the month between 10AM and closing time and join the Florida Suncoast Gamers for a game or two. We love new folks and visitors!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Terrell
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Dark Side, at Fruitville & Beneva. Great shop, big library, cool staff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
I am not sure about Sarasota proper, but Cosmic Games (http://www.cosmicgames.net) is located in Bradenton on 5120 Manatee Avenue West (aka Florida SR64) just a stone's throw north of Sarasota...

Now closed soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the Dark Side, and go there every time I go to Sarasota to visit family. Their board game selection is really stellar, lots of hard to find titles. The staff is friendly (and I am an older female, sometimes an issue at some stores, not here).

I would say its one of the best games stores anywhere, not just Florida. They are in a strip mall, so you have to look for the shop when you get to the area. They moved last year down the road a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwill2 wrote:
I love the Dark Side, and go there every time I go to Sarasota to visit family. Their board game selection is really stellar, lots of hard to find titles. The staff is friendly (and I am an older female, sometimes an issue at some stores, not here).

I would say its one of the best games stores anywhere, not just Florida. They are in a strip mall, so you have to look for the shop when you get to the area. They moved last year down the road a bit.

The Dark Side is a great store!
Located at the far right of the strip mall:
935 N Beneva Rd
Sarasota, FL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Concetta
United States
Basking Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this store still open? I believe their website no longer exists.

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.